Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Food Frauds

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:11 AM
  • 4 Replies

I came across this website while googling "fruit syrup" and thought you might like it.  Marketing at its *finest*.

http://www.cspinet.org/nah/foodfrauds.html

by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
bhwrn1
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:10 AM

Sad how well they can market, eh? And people will listen to anything!

Plus-size-mommy
by Gold Member on May. 30, 2010 at 2:05 PM

Oh wow! We used to buy those Gerber things, that is just crazy. Isn't that false advertising?

RobynS
by Robyn on May. 30, 2010 at 2:18 PM

You have been posting the best stuff about food!! Thanks for this. I've been trying to educate my hubby about these things!

I sent him to buy whole grain bread and he came home with bread that said, "made with whole grains" which, of course, means it's mostly bleached white flour "with" some whole grains added in as a technicality.

It really makes me angry that they can get away with this. There should be stricter laws about labelling!!

FrogSalad
by on May. 30, 2010 at 3:19 PM

Quoting RobynS:

You have been posting the best stuff about food!! Thanks for this. I've been trying to educate my hubby about these things!

I sent him to buy whole grain bread and he came home with bread that said, "made with whole grains" which, of course, means it's mostly bleached white flour "with" some whole grains added in as a technicality.

It really makes me angry that they can get away with this. There should be stricter laws about labelling!!

Thanks!  The more I read, the more I'm trying to make most everything at home where at least I know what ingredients are going into my food.  Bread is the latest thing I've been making at home; I have a bread machine, I may as well use it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)