Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Farmer's market

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:12 AM
  • 15 Replies

Ours is finally open for the season!

Do you have one in your community?  Do you use it?

by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilblufrog
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:48 AM

We have a very small one, but we do go. It's like 5 vendors. I get potatoes, carrots, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, oh geez I can't think right now. They have bread and flowers too but we don't buy them.

alexsmomaubrys2
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:50 AM

We have several. We live in a rural area and we are surrounded by small organic farms. We love it.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Kathryn29
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:06 AM

best produce and cheap...we are in a rural area also and we have several fruit stands and 2 markets within 30 miles

bhwrn1
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:08 AM

We have one in the next town over. I don't get to it b/c it's on Thurs and I work. Total bummer. But, DH can probably go after work during the summer b/c he gets out at 3pm.

mommyofagirl06
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:11 AM

yep opens next weekend we go and use our wic checks too

rockinmama07
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:13 AM

I love going to the Farmer's Market and our local one is open.  However it is very small and has a horrid selection so I don't go often.  I prefer going to the "pick it yourself" farms that we have around here.

arthistmom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:27 AM

We have several close to us and they're open year-round. We especially love them for the seasonal fruits. In addition to the usual fare, it also has food vendors--the kettle corn guy is my husband's (and son's) favorite.

FrogSalad
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:02 PM

It amazes me that ours isn't bigger considering we live in semi-rural Iowa.  I guess Des Moines has a really big one on Saturdays but that's an hour's drive and most of the time I prefer to stay close to home.

alexsmomaubrys2
by on May. 27, 2010 at 7:11 AM

Quoting FrogSalad:

It amazes me that ours isn't bigger considering we live in semi-rural Iowa.  I guess Des Moines has a really big one on Saturdays but that's an hour's drive and most of the time I prefer to stay close to home.

Isn't Iowa's crop corn? That is probably why. How many small/individual farms do you have in your area.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

nemiller
by on May. 27, 2010 at 7:14 AM

we do.  i just got directions to it a couple days ago and i'm going to check it out soon (probably right before or right after our next grocery trip).  but it's located down a road nicknamed "suicide alley" so i'm a bit nervous about driving down there.

*i think i should note that i live in japan so the roads are very different here, hence the nickname.  some of them are no wider than a 2-car driveway.*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)