Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fever question

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:46 AM
  • 9 Replies

About 2-3 times a month my son gets a fever. Usually in the evenings and that's the only symptom. When he has the fever he is much less active and sleeps a lot more. The next morning when he wakes up the fever is gone. Is this normal? I can't figure out what's causing it. At first I thought teething but it happens so often I'm not sure if it is.... I don't know if I should take him to the doc or not. It's not a really high fever. Usually around 100.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
anna_mccall
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:52 AM

I would go ahead and get him seen just to be sure. Maybe it's allergies. I always run a fever with allergies and my kids do too.

queenmikey77
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:02 AM

It could be an infection, go to the Dr just to be safe, but take a list of dates when he's had fevers with you & how high.

jdhshamoo
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:03 PM

Thanks ladies, I was thinking everyone would tell me I'm being paranoid or something but I think it's really odd that he has fever's so regularly with no other symptoms. I'll call the doc and set up an appointment.

bhwrn1
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:21 PM

I would have him seen just to be sure it's not some virus or bacteria lurking and not really rearing it's head fully.

Plus-size-mommy
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2010 at 9:16 PM

My son does the same thing!! No other symptoms, just a fever! We had him to the doctor and they could find nothing wrong with him!

NDNichol
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:30 PM

I would have him checked out. It is probably allergies. I know my kids will also run a fever if they are overly tired or been outside running around all day. I hope everything is ok when you take him. Good luck!

harleys_wifey
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:50 PM

My dd did that for a few weeks off and on last year. And would complain about headaches. I didn't think much of it, and was just giving her the childrens allergy medicines. Woke up one mornng and she had this huge lump on her throat. Come to find out she had some kind of bacterial infection and those headaches and slight fevers were the 1st signs.

I would just take him in so they can check.

countrygirlkat
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:14 PM

I would ask a doctor about it.  Maybe he has allergies or something that act up and cause a fever a few times a month.  Just to be sure I would talk to a doctor though.

countrygirlkat
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:16 PM

Quoting anna_mccall:

I would go ahead and get him seen just to be sure. Maybe it's allergies. I always run a fever with allergies and my kids do too.

That is funny.  I didn' t read any of the responses before I replied.  Then I read the yours and it was exactly what I had just typed!

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)