Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Too Old for Stroller?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:27 PM
  • 88 Replies

Just wondering when most feel that a kiddo is too old for a stroller?

by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shajdinyak
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:28 PM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Brianav
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:28 PM
Age 4
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chrystal_A
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:29 PM

Im gonna say 3,but really its hard because I had my 2nd when my first was just 2 and a half so we upgarded to a sit n stand,which at 4 he still uses but if we just take the single stroller he walks.

Mrs.Loeffel
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:29 PM

when they know better than to walk away from their parents. I HATE seeing 4 year olds in strollers!!

Chrystal_A
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:31 PM

Over the weekend I seen a kid who had to be 6-7 in one,i wouldnt even consider a stroller at that age!

Quoting Mrs.Loeffel:

when they know better than to walk away from their parents. I HATE seeing 4 year olds in strollers!!

El4Equality
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:33 PM

It depends what you are doing and how far you are going.  We walk nearly everyday, normally b/w 2-4miles.  That is definately too long for most 4yr olds and going preschooler pace doesn't provide a good work out for mom. 

teri4lance
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:34 PM

2 or 3 tops

HeidiLong07
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:34 PM

My 4 1/2 year old still likes to ride in the stroller.  When I am out running errands it is easier for her to ride rather than walk.  Things get done a lot faster.  She knows that when this baby is born it is no longer an option for her to ride in the stroller.

big_red05
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:35 PM

yeah it really depends on the situation... but I do hate seeing a kid that is obviously too big as in they don't fit in a stroller.. im like really?? and we wonder why we have an obisity issue!! I make my 3 year old walk as much as possiable.. she likes walking which helps but when I'm doing my run I obvously throw her in the jogger because well like pp said if your exercising you have to do something with them lol

Mrs.Loeffel
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:35 PM

omg!!! I would have been EMBARRASED at that age!! Thats just ridiculous! (unless the child had health issues or whatnot)

Quoting Chrystal_A:

Over the weekend I seen a kid who had to be 6-7 in one,i wouldnt even consider a stroller at that age!

Quoting Mrs.Loeffel:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)