Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any advice for a one year old..

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:50 AM
  • 6 Replies

So my son is one.. Because he's starting to hit everytime we say no and also he starting to throw his toys aggresively.. What do you think I should do?? Is this nomal behavior for a one year old?? ANY ADVICE

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mama2twins07
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:05 AM

We put up all the toys they throw. When they got older we popped them and told them why we popped them and then took the toys away I made them put them up themselfs when they turned 2.

ddhb2007
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:50 AM

It's totally normal behaviour at one. They don't have the words to tell you what's going on in their head.

We used redirection. I would firmly tell my daughter no, and provide her with an acceptable alternative.

camparkmom
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:43 AM

yeah, just remove him from the situation, they don't understand at this age. making too big a deal of it also gives them too much power, and they catch on to that quickly...it only escalates from there.

utopia5333
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:37 PM

So very Normal!  This is what I did I just told him no that hurts and then took his hand and let him rub my face softly and  say soft touch

bhwrn1
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:11 PM

Normal, yes. Start with time outs. No more than 1 minute. You'll have to keep putting him back for a while before he gets it, but he will get it eventually.

annettenikole
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:56 PM

yeah... I just removed my dd from the situation if she did something wrong.... so that toy would be taken away, if she hit at that age I'd show her how to use nice hands (i'd do it to her first, stroke her face, then show her with her hand on mine)  As she got older she sometimes just kept hitting cause she thought it was a game, so then I'd tell her no hitting, and move myself away from her a bit... she did not like having mommy move across the room so that ended hitting pretty quickly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)