Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where were you when . . .?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:59 AM
  • 16 Replies

Where were you when these events happened?  Add some of your own, too!

President Reagan was shot:

Space shuttle disaster (either one or both):

The Berlin Wall came down:

The OJ Simpson verdict was announced:

The Oklahoma City bombing:

9/11/01:

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FrogSalad
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:36 AM

Quoting FrogSalad:

President Reagan was shot:  7th Grade history class.  The principal announced it over the loudspeaker

Space shuttle disaster (either one or both):  I was a senior in h.s. when the Challenger blew up.  I was on open campus and watched the news on the tv in the library's A/V room.

The Berlin Wall came down:  In California, in the military.  Very exciting!

The OJ Simpson verdict was announced:  Work

The Oklahoma City bombing:  Work

9/11/01:  Work

kaylasmom22
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:43 AM

Quoting FrogSalad:

President Reagan was shot: I was not In this country yet.

Space shuttle disaster (either one or both): For the Columbia I was at home and in tears. The other one not here yet.

The Berlin Wall came down: Back in my country lol I came here in 1990

The OJ Simpson verdict was announced: I was at home and in shock

The Oklahoma City bombing: home and also in shock

9/11/01:I was at work and glued to the TV. Im from NYC and a friend worked a few miles away from the towers. It was chaos all over the city.

magenl
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:24 AM

President Reagan was shot: I didnt know he got shot!!!

Space shuttle disaster (either one or both): I was at my dads house when columbia went down

The Berlin Wall came down: I know it was inthe 90s but I dont remember it happenin

The OJ Simpson verdict was announced: I think I was at school

The Oklahoma City bombing: daycare

9/11/01: I was at school and everybody was picking up their kids lol

AllanRaesMomma
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:31 AM

President Reagan was shot: I was not born yet :-)

Space shuttle disaster (either one or both):  Not sure, I was barely a year old then :-)

The Berlin Wall came down: Not sure... I was really young.

The OJ Simpson verdict was announced: I can't remember for sure...

The Oklahoma City bombing: Can't remember where I was...

9/11/01: This one I remember! I was a Sophomore in high school and I was in class. The whole school was freaking out and parents were picking up their students all day long. I made it to two other classes before my mom came to pick me up.

MomofTwins07
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:44 AM

Quoting FrogSalad:

President Reagan was shot: Not born yet. I was born in 1982

Space shuttle disaster (either one or both): I was just a little kid but I remember sitting with my mom. 

The Berlin Wall came down: I was 6 or 7. I don't remember this

The OJ Simpson verdict was announced: I remember this but not where I was. Probably home or school. I was 13

The Oklahoma City bombing: School. I don't remember where I was. School probably. I was 12.

9/11/01: I was at work. They caled us all to the same spot and told us. We weren't aloud to listen to radio but they kept us updated. Base went into lock down and hubby was there. We weren't married yet though.

~Emily~
Wife to Trey
Mommy to Silas & Abigail

justanotherjen
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:45 PM

President Reagan was shot: too little to care at the time, lol

Space shuttle disaster (either one or both): I was in 4th grade when Challenger blew up (I believe).  we weren't watching it on TV but they announced it on the PA and someone brought a TV in our room and a bunch of other classes came in to watch the news.  Don't remember what I was doing for Columbia--probably busy with the kids

The Berlin Wall came down: I remember watching it on the news with my mom.  I was in junior high at the time

The OJ Simpson verdict was announced: not interested and not caring.  i never understood why it was such big news (I hate celebrity crap)

The Oklahoma City bombing: I was a senior in high school.  I remember watching it on TV so I must have been home sick that day

9/11/01: I was asleep at the time.  What I remember most vividly is waking up and wondering why it was so quiet.  I went downstairs and turned cartoons on for my oldest who was 14 months while I got her breakfast.  My husband came down and asked if I had heard any planes that morning and I said, "no."  It was eerily quiet.  We live just blocks from Midway Airport in Chicago and my husband works for the airlines so it was strange.  My son was born 3 weeks later.

ddhb2007
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:11 PM
Regan- elementary or middle school

Berlin Wall - senior in high school

first shuttle disaster - high school

OJ Simpson - college

9/11 - work

Quoting FrogSalad:

Space shuttle disaster (either one or both):

9/11/01:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ohiomomto2
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:15 PM

President Reagan was shot:  I was 2, so uhh, I'm not sure LOL

Space shuttle disaster (either one or both): I was in either Kindergarten or first grade...I think it was 1st, and I remember that day still.  It was 24 years ago! 

The Berlin Wall came down: I'm sure I was probably in school again...

The OJ Simpson verdict was announced:  I was in 10th grade.  English class to be exact, when the verdict was announced, and all of our tv's came on and we all watched him get away with murder *sigh*

The Oklahoma City bombing: I think I was at home, but I can't remember...I vaguely remember watching the newscasts about it...

9/11/01:  I was a week or so pregnant with my 8 year old DD, and was sitting in the living room with my mom watching the Today Show trying to figure out WTF was going on...

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign

Ohiomomto2
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:19 PM

Now that you say that, I vaguely remember them bringing the tv into our classroom.  That was before they had tv's in every room in every grade LOL

Quoting justanotherjen:

President Reagan was shot: too little to care at the time, lol

Space shuttle disaster (either one or both): I was in 4th grade when Challenger blew up (I believe).  we weren't watching it on TV but they announced it on the PA and someone brought a TV in our room and a bunch of other classes came in to watch the news.  Don't remember what I was doing for Columbia--probably busy with the kids

The Berlin Wall came down: I remember watching it on the news with my mom.  I was in junior high at the time

The OJ Simpson verdict was announced: not interested and not caring.  i never understood why it was such big news (I hate celebrity crap)

The Oklahoma City bombing: I was a senior in high school.  I remember watching it on TV so I must have been home sick that day

9/11/01: I was asleep at the time.  What I remember most vividly is waking up and wondering why it was so quiet.  I went downstairs and turned cartoons on for my oldest who was 14 months while I got her breakfast.  My husband came down and asked if I had heard any planes that morning and I said, "no."  It was eerily quiet.  We live just blocks from Midway Airport in Chicago and my husband works for the airlines so it was strange.  My son was born 3 weeks later.

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign

RobynS
by Robyn on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:39 PM

Some of this is a real blur for me. I remember it--I remember the feeling I had when I heard the news. But I can't always remember where I was or what I was doing.

Space shuttle disaster (either one or both): I'm pretty sure I was at school for one of these. I think we were watching it live on tv when it happened. I'm not sure I really understood what I was seeing at the time.

9/11/01: I was at home getting ready for work, I hadn't turned on the news yet. DH called from work to tell me. After that, I turned on the Today Show and watched until time to go to work. I wore black that day. My boss brought a tv into work and we all watched while we worked, all day. Customers coming and going would stop to watch, too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)