Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

walking

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:05 PM
  • 17 Replies

how old were your kids when they started walking my older two walked at 11 and 10 months my youngest is now about 14 months and refuses to walk we have tried holding her hands and tried walking wings she just picks up her legs and squeals in delight she cruises on the furniture quite well but other then that she refuses I'm not sure if this is odd or not where my other kids walked so early I'm just not sure why she's not walking yet we want her too sooo bad

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FrogSalad
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:07 PM

My son was just shy of his first birthday.  He'd been cruising for a couple of months and really, all he had to do was let go since he was barely holding on to the furniture.  I'll bet one of these days your daughter will just forget to hold on and she'll be walking all over the place.

MommyToEthan
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:09 PM

he started walking at 11 months....  but i know people whos kids didn't start walking until much later!     just hang in there.  before you know it, she'll be running all over the place!

Do you have a BOY??   If so, come join us at RAISING BOYS!  It's a great group for mothers of boys of any age!  Hope to see you there!!   http://www.cafemom.com/group/336/

hotmomma7182006
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:13 PM

the hardest part is I'm on pregnancy # 4 and they put me on light lifting restrictions cause I messed up my back and although she is only 19lbs it's still hurting my back

lilblufrog
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:59 PM

DD started walking at 12 months and 2 days at her 1st birthday party in front of everyone. Don't worry she will get it. The next thing you know she will be running;)

Kim24kids
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:57 PM

around a year...or so....

Quoting MommyToEthan:

he started walking at 11 months....  but i know people whos kids didn't start walking until much later!     just hang in there.  before you know it, she'll be running all over the place!

Sean_mommy4life
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:00 PM
My son was 19 months and mt daughter was 11 months
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justanotherjen
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:26 PM

My first was 14 months, 2nd was 10 months and the last 2 walked right around their 1st birthday (one a few days after and the other a week before).

bluebunbun
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:31 PM

my dd was fully walking by the end of 9 months but she can her cousin to teach her

RobynS
by Robyn on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:36 PM

DS was 11 months. DD was trying at 11 months, but not walking really well until between 12 and 13 months.

gcstar42
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:26 PM

my oldest did not walk until 16 months, my 2nd walked at about 10 1/2 months and my youngest just turned 10 months and she has been walking well for a few weeks now so i guess since about 9 months

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)