Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TODDLER

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:26 PM
  • 14 Replies

I NEED HELP GETTING MY 4 YR OLD DAUGHTER TO STAY IN HER BED NOT MOMMYS AND DADDYS BED.IVE GOT TO THE HABBIT OF WAKING HER UP AND MAKING HER GO TO HER BED.BY THE TIME I WAKE UP SHES BACK IN OUR BED.DOES ANYONE HAVE A SIMILAR SITUATION?

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TiredbutHappy1
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:34 PM

What I did with my son was promise him he could pick out a big boy bed if he learned to sleep alone in his bed. My mistake was letting him pick out from a wide range of beds. I figured he would pick a car bed that turned from a toddler bed to a twin bed. NO...he picked the Step2 Ladder bed from walmart. It costs $300 plus another $40 for the bunkie board. He is trying real hard to fall asleep alone because he really wants that bed....now mommy has to keep her end of the deal. LOL  Maybe you could do something like that. Give her a goal. She learns to sleep in her bed (and stay there all night) and she can have a new bed or a toy she's been really really wanting. 

meglennox
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:44 PM

we didn't really ever let our boys sleep in bed, so i can't give you any ideas but i'll give ya a bumb :)

lovinmyboys...
by Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:45 PM

***mememememe***** he gets up in the middle of the night and crawls into bed with us and I'm always too tired to get back up and take him back to bed. 

ForeverInLove
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:51 PM
My son can fall asleep on the couch, but once its 10p, he has to go to his room. He always come down at night and I can't seem to get up and take him back upstairs. I'm thinking of baby-gating his room so he can't get out at night.atleast for two weeks so he learns to stay in there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pacificamom
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:16 PM

bump! i'm no help...i co-sleep and once they transition out, I haven't had that problem...yet

mama2twins07
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:20 PM

I dont have this problem with my kids but my god daughter had this problem. go to walmart or what ever let her pick out a toddler bed they take crib mattresses. Have the bed in your room slowly push it out the door to her room. she will fall a sleep easly in her bed.

At night or even during the day when i lay them down. I dont make them stay in bed they are not allowed to leave there room. I put in a movie when its off its off. Everyone falls asleep at diff times some days are rougher then others. But that is what we do.

good luck

Come join me in my group

Mami2Jahzi
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:20 PM
This but he's down to three days a week. And we really don't care on the weekends cuz he sleeps in.

Quoting lovinmyboys...:

***mememememe***** he gets up in the middle of the night and crawls into bed with us and I'm always too tired to get back up and take him back to bed. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jeniemarie
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:27 PM

I dont let our kids sleep in bed with us unless they are sick. I know it may sound mean but we put up a baby gate in the doorway. That way she can keep the door open but she still has to stay in her room

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers
activitymode
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:28 PM

YES!! I don't have any answers so I'm going to give this a bump and look at the suggestions lol

nodramamama311
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:47 PM

I am no help but I will give you a bump. I have an 8 and a 2 yr old, and they are both in their own rooms. Believe me, I would rather have my 2 yr old in our room but it just doesnt make for very comfortable sleeping and there is no privacy like that. Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)