Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many warnings?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:36 PM
  • 26 Replies

How many warnings to you give before your child goes to timeout (or other form of discipline)? I give 3 or 4 and my kids know to push me till I get up to put them in timeout!

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TristansMom440
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:46 PM

3 warnings for most everything and then to time out. But for dangerous things (like a hot stove or pulling away and running toward the street,etc) he gets one warning and then a swat on the hand.

laura7485
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:48 PM

They get 1. I don't ask much of them, and I usually tell them to stop doing something if it will harm them. They get 1 warning and then time out.

lovinmyboys...
by Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:48 PM

One warning.

MarShy740
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:51 PM

I Tell Him twice Then I start Counting

Mommi2KnQ
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:53 PM

o0ne warning from me and no warning from my husband.. he tries to nip things in the bud like ASAP! but i give her the benefit of the doubt. lol. but then again she doesnt do much to get in trouble... so not too bad!

annettenikole
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:37 PM

3... unless it's dangerous or hurtful... if she hits, it's time out right away, no warnings

mama2twins07
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:48 PM

Mine gets 2 one to say no before you get popped. then they do it again they get popped because i just told them if i told them again they will get popped i dont tell them something and dont tell them

ddhb2007
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:01 PM
I don't really give warnings. I give her a choice of two acceptable solutions. For example, yesterday I needed her to go across the parking lot to the car. I allowed her to chose between being carried and holding my hand. Both got her across the parking lot safely, but she got a choice. Putting our daughter in time out simply leads to a tantrum, and she doesn't learn from it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FrogSalad
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 5:56 AM

2 warnings and then it's time out.  Sometimes he will push the limit but most of the time he will straighten up before I get to three.

KylesMom409
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 6:01 AM

2 warnings and that's it.  Following through is KEY so it has to be done.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)