Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

preschool question

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:54 PM
  • 7 Replies

So my daughter goes to preschool...but its not like regular school where there is a preschool year and then your out for the summer and then you go back. get what im saying? anyways my MIL suggested i take dd out of preschool for the summer and then put her back in when "school age kids" go back to school. I dont know if thats a good idea or not...im wondering what yall think. Im friends with my dd's preschool teacher on facebook, i could ask her...but dd loves her teacher and only has been in since Feb. of this year...im confused..i need some ideas, some help...

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
babygirlsmom314
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:01 PM

My daughter is in a preschool like that.  I am not taking my daughter out unless we have plans to go somewhere.  But then it is no longer then a week.  My daughter loves her teach and is starting to make friends in school.  The friend part is huge for us too because normally she freaks out when other kids come near her.  So there is no way I am going to set her back by taking her out, plus it is only two days a week.

Edit: plus there was a waiting list to get in so I don't want to lose her spot either.

Click above to join in.  You too could win a trophy and have fun doing it.

callansmomma
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:14 PM

To me that sounds more like day care.  I've never heard of a preschool that was in session year round.  Well, maybe if regular school was in session year round then I could see that.  Preschools here run on the same schedule as the public schools meaning they take all of the same holidays and have the same breaks. 

Now, the daycare/preschools are in session year round.  They are based on a daycare model meaning they are more focused on the aspect of childcare. 

Are you done with one?  Is your one a boy?  Want to chat with other Moms who are raising the only boy?  Then check out the group  Raising the Only Boy - CafeMom

Have questions about car seats?  Please ask!  I am also a CPST (Car Seat Tech).

Looking for free things to do with kids?  Check out my blog: http://crazyaboutcarseats.blogspot.com/

Bekah062205
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:15 PM

dd's preschool has a waiting list too...i guess i dont need to take her out....

Quoting babygirlsmom314:

My daughter is in a preschool like that.  I am not taking my daughter out unless we have plans to go somewhere.  But then it is no longer then a week.  My daughter loves her teach and is starting to make friends in school.  The friend part is huge for us too because normally she freaks out when other kids come near her.  So there is no way I am going to set her back by taking her out, plus it is only two days a week.

Edit: plus there was a waiting list to get in so I don't want to lose her spot either.

shay0810
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:31 PM

Thats up to how you feel your dd would do. Usually attendance is down in the summer, and the kids get more 1 on 1 time with the teacher, plus they get to do more special activities.  

Nicole_2007
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:40 PM

I wouldn't take her out.  I wish we had something like that around her.  Paige misses being in school and around her friends.  I would keep her in if I were you.  Once She gets in regular school she will have a summer vacation so at least this way she is learning more all year round till she gets in kindergarten and as long as she like it why take her out.  Plus if you take her out whats to say she will be able to get back in

Dina6742
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:53 PM
You could try to go part-time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lottie925
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:56 PM

Is it day care?

If you don't need it, I would give her a break... it will help keep her interested. I'm lucky enough for now that I can stay at home. I understand if people can't (I'm looking for part time evening work myself). But I think it's good to get a break from the school environment if possible. We do summer activities and enjoy just being a kid. She can still do activities with other kids. We do swim lessons, gymnastics, go to the beach, play dates with friends, story hour, we have a local audabon that does story hour with a nature walk after. Farms, water parks, picnics etc.

Of course, it's totally up to you and your family needs. You didn't really specify hours etc.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)