Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What does your toddler say that is "cute"?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:29 PM
  • 48 Replies

Toddler talk is just so cute sometimes. Does your child say anything that melts your heart?

My DD (will be 3 in August) - says "yittle" instead of little. So ..

"I'm NOT a YITTLE Girwl. I'm a big girwl!"  kills me and DH

or "Just a yittle bit."

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilblufrog
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:33 PM

That reminds me of my niece. She used to tell the dog to stop "yicking" (licking) her. It still makes me laugh.

My DD says "goggy" for doggy and "nilk" for milk. Those are the only ones I can think of right now.

.stella.
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:37 PM

'pwincess' and 'big girl' so cute! she calls herself Nina (her nickname is Kina) and says Javi(her older brother) is Iron man and Nina pwincess!

melts my heart that little booger =)

misunderstood1
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:39 PM

gogert = yogurt

cacake = cupcake

mabama = banana

ya she is very versed in food vocab :) 

she is 21 months & says a lot more but those have been sticking out lately...and she dances constantly...

new_mom808
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:01 PM

Cool Cruck- everytime we see a big truck. (all big trucks are cool)
okey-dokey.
mama mote- is mama milk (he's breast fed)
He likes to take the batteries out of the remote control and tell Daddy "dada, toooo fees. memote bote." translation: Daddy, tools please, remote broke.
And the past couple of days it's not so much what he says, but he's taken to singing to me. It's the sweetest thing ever. "mama uuuu wannnn aaaannnnn ffffuuuuuuu mama" It's just baby talk, with mama thrown in there ocassionally. But he does it at the top of his lungs, in Khols, in the grocery store, where ever. he's totally not shy about it.

Bieg9093
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:11 PM

Before my boy was using any words, he said "hee-hoo" a lot.  Many weeks after we'd heard it for the first time, we noticed that he said it every time we gave him something.  Yep, you guessed it...his first word was "thank-you."

ddhb2007
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:20 PM
My daughter calls pancakes "panpakes". She also has a "packback" instead of a backpack.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TristansMom440
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:06 PM

"Breeee-ah" = banana   "Ackle"= apple 

He also says "God Bwwess" whoever instead of Bless.  He calls my neighbor "Miss Uh-may-da" when her name is really Amanda.  He calls my other friend "Miss 'Cole" instead of Nicole.

The funniest thing to me is he'll say "I be done" when he's finished with something.  We use proper english, so I don't know how he came up w/that.   He used to say & sign "all done"....I don't understand what changed!

AthenasOwl
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:12 PM

If we all really like something that is for dinner, but Spud doesn't, he will proclaim that it is "too tasty" for him to eat.  LOL  He's 3.5.

A wise old owl sat on an oak; The more he saw the less he spoke; The less he spoke the more he heard.

gr8day
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:25 PM

One of my sons says 'whycause' in stead of 'because' (and I actually think that makes more sense)

angel_bree
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:38 PM
When I say 'i love you' to my daughter her reply is 'you 2 mommy'
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)