Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need fun mommy time ideas

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:17 AM
  • 8 Replies

Am looking for some new ideas for things to do with my DD. I work all week 8.50 hours a day M-Th and when I get home it dinner, bath, bed, and then I work 7 hours on Sat. And DD is kinda have problems with it all she is 3. So am looking to some fun new things we can do together when we are together. I use to take her to story time every week but cant no more so my mom has took over taking her for me. It so hot where I live 105 for the past week so outside play is only for like 10 min before she gets too hot and the bugs start bitting her.

Any fun games or andy ideas to make what time we have fun.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MarShy740
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:23 AM

Well when you get home you can have her pretend to play mommy with you and help cook dinner for her baby(baby doll) and help give baths....Hum you can do finger painting which is always fun for kids...Dance my son loves to dance when we turn the music loud..Or just sit down cuddle and watch a movie which my son loves cuddleing with mommy when he wants too lol I think he is getting 2 cool for me now even though he is only 3

akgraff
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:23 AM

i know how you feel. I was only supposed to be part time but they put me on late shift and full time and my dd is 5. You can fingerpaint with her, let her put paint on your face and you two can pretend to be in a jungle, mostly i think imaginary play with you will be really nice for your daughter if its too hot out. You can wake her up early in the mornig and go for a walk together when its not so hot out and listen to the birds (if you are around the nature part) Take her to a children's museum or rescue animal center(meaning like save the otters or turtles or something that have educational purposes and you can see the rehabilitation of their animals) Blow bubbles outside with her, get Elefun and catch butterflies, maybe do a little garedening together??

mom2cindylouwho
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:40 AM

She could help you cook dinner at night (the kid-safe stuff, of course).
Baking/making scrumptious desserts together?
Arts & crafts projects together (NickJr has A LOT of cool & easy things to do).
Dance together, watch a show/movie together.
Build and indoor fort together & watch those shows/movies in it.
Have an indoor picnic for dinner :)

DD is 3.5 and at this age, as long as she has our full attention, no matter what we're doing, she's on cloud nine :)

hollinicole
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:43 AM

I so forgot about that game she would love that! We live in a small town and theres not anything for kids to do. I took the day off just to spend with her cause she has been having such a hard time with me working so much. She goes to pre school in the morin which she loves but the last week she has not been wanting to go at all, she told me that i did not need to work any more cause she did not need any more toy or money made me feel so bad. I planning on taking her swimming later today and in a little bit we are going to get her a new dress and go bowling.

Quoting akgraff:

i know how you feel. I was only supposed to be part time but they put me on late shift and full time and my dd is 5. You can fingerpaint with her, let her put paint on your face and you two can pretend to be in a jungle, mostly i think imaginary play with you will be really nice for your daughter if its too hot out. You can wake her up early in the mornig and go for a walk together when its not so hot out and listen to the birds (if you are around the nature part) Take her to a children's museum or rescue animal center(meaning like save the otters or turtles or something that have educational purposes and you can see the rehabilitation of their animals) Blow bubbles outside with her, get Elefun and catch butterflies, maybe do a little garedening together??

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
thebailiffs
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:06 AM

What about going to the movies. Make it a special time for the two of you.  The other thing is do you have a tea place in your area?  These are special shops that do dress up (the hat and real dresses) and a full tea with the little sandwiches and pastries.

Another idea is to (boys tend to like this better, but give it a try) build a fort out of blankets and pillows over the couch and table.  Then bring in flashlights and books and read and play inside

bhwrn1
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:10 AM

How about a slip and slide?

bhwrn1
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:10 AM

Cooking or baking together? My kids LOVE this!

jessarendt22
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:15 AM

I do movie night with my DD , we either get something through netflix or we go to blockbuster and pick something out I let her pick out a treat and I make popcorn. I also sometimes do a special breakfast with her Ill usually make pancakes or waffles. you could do some arts and crafts with her , pajama party, or just ask her what she would like to do for fun my 3 yr old loves that lol.

I'm a single mom so my DD goes to her dads every other weekend and its been a hard adjustment but I find that doing like a movie night or a special breakfast , gives DD and I that one on one time and just ads some normalcy to our weekly routine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)