• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi everyone and problem!!!

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:11 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hi everyone I'm new the group. I have a 4 almost 5 year old and one on the way. Well the problem is my son for the past week has started to use the bathroom in his room. He is fully potty trained. I have tired to ask him why he does it and all he does is cry. I have put him in time out for it. But I can't seem to do anything to get him to stop going in his room. He is not afraid of the bathroom or anything. I'm ready to pull my hair out. LOL. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
JULIANS_MOM2010
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:18 PM

My son started  to pee in random places .. but i noticed that he did it where he was playing at. weather it be in his room or on the loft... he would have the same reaction as your son, so i talked it up in a appointment and the doctor said its mostly with boys.. if they've seen someone going outside, at the park or something they tend to think its ok.. and they dont always have to go to the bath room. but cries when you react because he doesnt know why your mad. idk.. its a boy thing i guess!!

bhwrn1
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:24 PM

Don't punish for it. There is obviously something going on. Any big changes happen recently (stopped school, new friends, new routine)? have you just started to show? Perhaps he feels the baby is more threatening now?

bhwrn1
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:25 PM

Oh and welcome!

christine.r2624
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:42 PM

This. Has he been recently left alone with any new adults/caregivers? This behavior is a red flag for sexual abuse. NOT saying thats what happened, but regardless there is SOMETHING else going on.

Quoting bhwrn1:

Don't punish for it. There is obviously something going on. Any big changes happen recently (stopped school, new friends, new routine)? have you just started to show? Perhaps he feels the baby is more threatening now?

samiam13
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:33 PM

Well he hasn't been around anybody new. Not unless his grandmother is bringing him around people I don't know. And she knows I hate that. But that's a totally different story. One time he said he had to go potty and he was soaking wet. Granpy didn't want to get his carpet wet so we let him use the bathroom outside. But that happened about 2 or 3 weeks before this happened.

RobynS
by Robyn on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:57 PM

Kids will definitely regress on potty training when a new baby is on the way (or due to any big change that might be upsetting or scary to them). There are two things they feel they can control, what goes in and what comes out. So that's what he's doing--controlling what comes out!

Reassure him about his place in the family. Tell him how important his role as big brother will be and give him some specific jobs he can do both now and after the baby comes. That might help!

Good luck. Oh, and welcome!! =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)