Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many molars? **PIOG

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:17 PM
  • 8 Replies

So Tristan had a low grade fever Sun nite through Wed nite.  Took him to pedi Tues b/c he wasn't eating and had  vomitted a few times.  He was neg for strep & ear infxn.  Dr. thought it was just a tummy bug (since his playmate had one the week before).  Well, he has still been cranky, whiny irritable and will NOT sleep w/o me.  He is so clingy!!  Anyways, today he was crying and I thought I saw something under his gums in the back.  I tried to feel back there & I "think" I felt a tooth under the gum.  My question is.....how many molars are they supposed to have at this age?  (He's 2.5)  He's only got one on each side and top & bottom.  Are there supposed to be 2 on each side?   Ugh!  I am just trying to figure out if he's teething or what!!    (I'm a first time mommy, so I have no clue)

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
thetammy
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:18 PM

im thinking it might be the 2 year molars. my 2 year old is getting them in now and hes been so awful.

bhwrn1
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:23 PM

Sounds like 2 year molars to me. By the time all their baby teeth are in, there should be a total of 20 teeth. Count and see what you've got.

TristansMom440
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:26 PM

thanks ladies!!  i'll check when he wakes up.  he's asleep (in my arms, of course) right now.  typing w/ one hand is hard!!  LOL

bhwrn1
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:55 PM

What's the verdict?

Quoting TristansMom440:

thanks ladies!!  i'll check when he wakes up.  he's asleep (in my arms, of course) right now.  typing w/ one hand is hard!!  LOL

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

RobynS
by Robyn on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:19 PM

Yep, sounds like 2 year molars!

SouthernMama08
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:33 PM

My son got all 4 ... 2 year molars in at once....it's not fun!!

TristansMom440
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:40 PM

He only has 16 teeth so far.  So I think those ARE molars trying to come in.  Thanks for your help!

Quoting bhwrn1:

What's the verdict?

Quoting TristansMom440:

Tiger420
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:43 PM
At around 2 they get 4 molars. My DS is almost 2 1/2 and he's still getting at least 1.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)