• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We really need to watch our mouths around the kids (LMAOOOO)

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:18 PM
  • 22 Replies

Ok so my mom and I do not have the best language and we are constantly picking on each other. Well we thought we were okay with it until today.

Braden was laying on the blanket at my moms and saw the stray cat that comes into her yard. Well all of a sudden Braden says "Mom-Mom that damn cat is in your yard again!" Well we all bust out laughing it was all we could do.

Another one was about 2 or 3 days ago i was taking too long shutting up the house while my mom was sitting in the car with the kids. Braden asked her where I was and she said in the house locking up. He said to her "Mommy better hurry up or Im gonna beat her ass with my shoe!" She couldnt hold the laughter in and had to walk away and come onto the porch to tell me.

The "beat your ass" saying comes from when my mom and I play Yahtzee. Guess we really need to watch our mouths.

Have you had any Uh OH language moments with your kids?

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bhwrn1
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:20 PM

My kids have certainly heard their share of curses (mostly from my parents who often do not realize the stuff comes out of their mouths). Thankfully, they have not repeated anything. My middle guy was saying OMG a lot a few weeks ago, but he told us he got it from a teacher at pre-school (I was worried b/c I try not to say it but it does come out of my mouth at times).

epoh
DD said, "oh yit!" a couple times. Shit is the only curse word I really say around her, and that's only if I drop a cup of milk, stub my toe, etc. I cut out that word really quick after she started saying it lol I occasionally slip up but I work at a daycare also. I have to censor my language and be very aware of what comes out of my mouth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barronbaby
my dd called my dh friend a bastard. And for a while there would say what the hell. (when she was 2) we watch our language now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BlessedToBMommy
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:21 PM

Honeslty, we havent.

jessicaquinn
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:28 PM

I try to keep a clean mouth around my son but my husband, that's another story.  He always calls the dog a dumb ass, basically because the poor pup chews everything; door frame, cedar rocking chairs, you name it.  We were sitting out of the back porch and the kitten jumped up in front of him.  He looked at us and said "look at that dumb ass cat!"  We freaked out, lesson learned- watch your mouth around kids!!

FrogSalad
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:40 PM

Um . . . yeah.  Lately, he's been saying, "What the hell?"  I'm sure he got that from me although DH certainly has a worse potty mouth than I do. 

party_of_5
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:49 PM

My kiddos have heard their fair share of bad words.

When my oldest DS was about 3. I was helping my cousin brush her cat out on her front porch & when we done Molly was so ticked & my cousin started "talking" for her & said "open the damn door" & DS repeated her.

DD is the worst. Couple of yr ago she got mad at a fellow classmate & called her a "stupid-ass" Thanks to my mom she learned that one mind you DD was in pre-k. Then a couple of weeks ago we were playing a board game & I wasn't happy at the time & I said"son of a" but didn't say the rest so DD decided to & said "bitch"

DS#2 Told my mom that he was going to kick his papa's ass b/c he didn't finish his salad at dinner one night.

Sam.Marie
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:54 PM
Ooooh yes my oldest says god damn it all the time!!! he got that from me because once I was cooking and he came up and threw toys in the pot of chili and I git pissed!! he also acts out his daddy's road rage alll the time!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MayMommy07
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:19 AM

OMG! DH and I have to remind each other daily ok maybe weekly to be careful what you say.....

What she/he didn't get it from me??? :)

embarrassed

RobynS
by Robyn on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:25 AM

Not really. We're very careful about language. I don't think it's funny to hear bad language coming out of little mouths (no offense, jmho). I trained DH before DS was even born. The only slip he's had was once in the car when DS was about 18 months. Someone pulled out in front of him and he said something (I can't remember what). DS repeated it and DH told him it wasn't okay.

My in-laws sometimes say things in front of the kids that they shouldn't, but they only see them once or twice a month for a few hours. So far, it hasn't rubbed off. But I will be having a talk with them if it doesn't stop!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)