Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My dramatic 3 year old... is this normal?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:47 AM
  • 5 Replies

My son has the wildest imagination. I mean outrageous!

1. His toys/shoes/cup whatever ends up under his bed are always really scared. He is brave though and goes to *save* them.

2. He has this car that has a steering wheel, gas and brake pedal, and a seat belt. It's kind of neat his grandma got it for him for Christmas. There are no wheels. He sits it in our hallway. He goes and looks at the wall and says "I need a small chocolate ice cream in a cup please!" Sometimes he gets two, and sometimes it is in a cone. Yesterday he come in here crying and was really upset. Why? He dropped his imaginary ice cream on the floor!

3. He will lay on the couch and wimper holding his belly. I get all worried and ask what is wrong. His baby is kicking in his belly!

4. Every morning his daddy is *lost* Even though I tell him Daddy is at work, no, his daddy is lost.

5. When his daddy told him that he did not need medicine after he finished his antibiotics he got all upset and told me his daddy does not want him to feel better... we always had to force him to take the stuff!

I could go on, but is this normal?

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mom2ljh
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:50 AM

LOL  Totally normal, what an imaginative guy you have.  :)

Brenna
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:52 AM
Yep. Normal. My three year old son is the same. Just write these things down to laugh about when he's a teen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunshinemama86
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:12 AM

very normal my 3 year old dd and her friends love pretend and they are all super dramatic.

othermom
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:24 AM

Sounds about right. My daughter has a wild imagination too, so does my son. My son likes to tell me about dreams hehas, which I know he is making up on the spot.

AllanRaesMomma
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:30 AM

We also play catch with an imaginary beach ball (Upside Down Show) and if I throw it back to him... but I didn't actually catch it ("No Mommy! It's over there!") I get in trouble and he won't play with me anymore lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)