• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Funny thing my son said about being married

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:36 AM
  • 8 Replies

So my husband, son and I were watching a dancing show the other night.  My son saw a man and women dancing a Contemporary theme dance.  The man was touching the women very close, lifting her in the air and kissing her.

So my son says, "Oh they must be married".  It was very cute that he assumed they were married.  We explained that No, they are just dancing together.

Does you child ever talk about married people?

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
simplysmiles13
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:11 AM

No he doesn't. He does talk about everyone having a mommy and daddy though. Our son will be three in August, I don't think he gets the married concept yet!

ajtherad
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:15 AM
My Son does the same thing! It's the cutest thing ever to hear Him say a couple is married just because they're kissing or hugging. I taught Him what "married" is long before He turned 3. =]
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RobynS
by Robyn on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:51 AM

That's cute! I don't think my DS gets the whole "married" thing just yet.

Dina6742
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:56 AM
I was watching my nephews before I became their aunt and my oldest one at the age of five asked me to dance and afterwards said we're married now. He's turning 21 this year
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FrogSalad
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:56 AM

Aw, that's cute. 

colins_mom
by Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:56 AM
Ds has issues with it. Out of all of his friends, he is the only one where mommy and daddy don't love each other. And he gets confused a lot by the marriage concept. He will make a comment about something and I have to tell him that no just because people have a baby doesn't mean they are married etc. So he gets confused right now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
barnwell84
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:05 PM

Catie's never asked.

bhwrn1
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:01 PM

My middle guy has talked about it somewhat, but not in this way.

Very cute!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)