Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Daughter's First Hair Appointment

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:01 PM
  • 6 Replies

How horrible were peoples' kids' first hair appointments? My daughter is not getting a cut, but just a style for a photo shoot. I am concerned she might have a breakdown.:-( Just wondering how this went for others? She will be 2 in a couple weeks.

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Kim24kids
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:03 PM

I gave mine a pop and they sat there and sucked away =)

GL

bhwrn1
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:05 PM

My first son was great. Never cried, ever. He was 11 months when he got his first haircut. My second son cried for the first few appointments then he got used to it (he was 1o months when he got his first haircut). My third son bawled hysterically when he got his hair cut for the first time a few weeks ago (he had just turned 1). I know a kid who is 9 and still doesn't like going to get his hair cut! Kids are all so different. Has she ever seen someone get their hair cut? Maybe you could take her to a salon so she can see it being done and it would not be as scary?

mom2nicknabs
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:07 PM

DD was fine....she loved sitting in the chair, watching in the mirror.   she always shows her exactly how much she wants cut!!

DS on the other hand.....he was a MESS!  the first 2 yrs of getting his hair cut was a nightmare...he'd kick, scream, almost throw up.  One day, he just got better....and better....now he doesn't mind getting it cut (he's 6 now)...but he doesn't want to go to the barber shop with daddy...he goes to the Salon with mommy!!

chesswoman
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:08 PM

Well, I can't help it. Her photo shoot at Sears is tomorrow at 4. I thought getting her hair done would make it more special. I think I'll bring her a sweet snack, like gummy bears to distract her, and also have her on my lap if it helps. She's just going to Cost Cutters for it and they won't be cutting, but maybe just putting some butterfly barrettes in and maybe will curl it some? I don't know what they will do. I set her up just for a style though. I will wash it myself before we go.

toniojr1
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:20 PM
Lol I havnt experienced that yet my son is 2 and I still braid his hair I plan on it until I just get tired of braiding it every 2 weeks unless he ends up wanting it cut
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VG74
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:45 PM

I'm curious to see what everyone's responses are.  My DD is 2 and I am planning on taking her for her first haircut but have been nervous about it!  I like the idea someone gave about having a treat ready to distract her. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)