Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First day of preschool? What did you do? *update*

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:28 PM
  • 17 Replies

Tomorrow is my DD's first day of school and I don't know what to do. Do I stay inside the class? Do I leave and go home? Is a short walking distance from my house. Is only from 8:30 to 11:30. What do I do? What did u ladies do?

So I took DD, she did not want to sit she wanted to play. Did not want to eat breakfast, and had a bit of attitude. The teacher gave her a book and sat her down to read. As I was leaving I just lost it and started crying, im still crying at home. I went back after I walked out just to see if she was ok. It was so hard leaving her, I told her I was going to go to the bathroom lol.

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kaylasmom22
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:02 PM
Bump
LoveMommyAZ
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:11 PM
My daughter attends an all-day preschool so our situation is a little different. She stays all day from 8:30-5:30. Her first day was a little rough on both of us but every day got a little easier. Now she loves it and wants to go back every evenine. Good luck =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMommyAZ
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:12 PM
Evening*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyToEthan
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:21 PM

i would leave her and go back home and enjoy some time to yourself!

my son is in preschool and his is from 9am until 2pm.  he loves it!!

Do you have a BOY??   If so, come join us at RAISING BOYS!  It's a great group for mothers of boys of any age!  Hope to see you there!!   http://www.cafemom.com/group/336/

bhwrn1
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:43 PM

You take her in, set her up, say goodbye and go home. She needs to learn that that is her time away from you.

Brianav
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:44 PM
Exactly. I have seen parents stay cuz their kid was crying...that just make is worse. Good luck.

Quoting bhwrn1:

You take her in, set her up, say goodbye and go home. She needs to learn that that is her time away from you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MelaneesMommie
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:17 PM

Do not stay, it makes it harder on your child, the teacher etc. It was so hard those first couple of days, I cried after I left. Now my DD loves going, she is making friends, and learning new things. Go home and do something for yourself and go back refreshed to pick up your little one.

Nicole_2007
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:31 PM

My daughter went to head start for the first time last year.  Her school starts in september and goes till May.  On the first day I went in and showed her were to put her bag.  Then I kissed her good bye and went to leave.  She grabed hold of me and was screaming so I just picked her up told her i would be back later to get her handed her to the teacher there and left.   It was like that for a week and then she got used to it and was pushing me out the door and then never wanting to go home.  Her Head Start was from 7:30 in the morning till 3:30.  She loved it and has been wanting to go back since she got out.  Its going to be a long time till september :(

Crysrey1
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:11 PM
It can be very emotional for both of you! If your LO starts to cry..just reassure them you will be back, you love them, and to have lots of fun! Then leave the class room! It will get easier! Most of the time they have so much fun they can't wait to go back to school the next day! But staying in the class can be disrupting for the teacher and the other kids (whether yours cries or not), so I would NOT stay! I would go home and relax for just a bit :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaylasmom22
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:16 PM

I was not planning to stay in the class but outside. I just had some tears a few minutes ago thinking that my baby is getting big and that Im scare to let her go. I have been at home with her for 3 years and even thought  it has been hard I am so scare to leave her with someone I don't know. The what if's are driving me nuts now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)