Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She will be in school all day long!

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:28 AM
  • 17 Replies

My 4 year old will be starting preschool this year and I just found out that it is all day every day.  I was under the impression it was a couple day a week or half days, not full time.  It's like kindergarten. 

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RobynS
by Robyn on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:30 AM

Oh boy! Is she okay with it? Are you? I'm a little sad about DS going to all-day kindergarten. He's going to love it, but I'm going to miss him!

marinewife0311
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:35 AM

here in va there is no pre school unless your child needs some extra help, and kindergarden is half days everr day

sunshinemama86
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:42 AM

sorry i am not trying to be rude but how did you just find out. i mean wasn't how long and how many days a week part of your questions befor you registered?

M3momma
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:44 AM

Quoting RobynS:

Oh boy! Is she okay with it? Are you? I'm a little sad about DS going to all-day kindergarten. He's going to love it, but I'm going to miss him!

She has been wanting to go to school since last year.  Her older sister is now in high-school so my 4 year old thinks she is a big girl.  She's ready, I'm not so sure I'm ready.

LyTe684
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:47 AM

Aww. She'll be fine. My sons started full time Younger Pre-K last September. :-D She'll be making new friends and have tons of stories to tell you everyday. LOL ((HUGS))

M3momma
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:50 AM

Quoting sunshinemama86:

sorry i am not trying to be rude but how did you just find out. i mean wasn't how long and how many days a week part of your questions befor you registered?

We live in a very small town, so they weren't even sure they were going to be able to have the pre-school class this year.  The school had to have at least six kids register.  We just found out that the school got the six kids.  We were more worried about about even having a pre-k class period.

JOEJULA
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:34 AM

I know it is all day long, but on the other hand they will get ready for school and have a lot more of a head start then the other children.

Stefono
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:40 AM

Yup, mine went last year, she needed it. She went 9 am to 3 pm, it was very helpful & good for her. They still take naps too, so they had lunch & then nap, I would wake her from her nap @ 3 picking her up.My dd went to a program through the YMCA .

kcook55
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:16 AM

my son only went half day mon-thur hes starting kaps in aug its a program for kids with delays to get them ready for kindergarten for the following yr. its all day. from like 8 something to 3:20

KKRice
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:17 AM

My DD will start VPK this year too.  There are schools here that do a full time VPK and schools that do a part time.  I signed my DD for a part time school as I think she is too young to be gone all day.  But that is JMO, she hasn't been away from me for more than 8 hours at a time her whole life so I don't want to just throw her into an all day school now.  Half day and then Kindergarten is full time at the same school her brother attends.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)