Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Socks

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:43 AM
  • 32 Replies

What kind of socks do you buy for your LO?

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kcook55
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:51 AM

with ds it can be any brand or type. i usually buy him hanes ankle socks. but sometimes i buy buy a different brand if there on sale. dd is weird and will only wear thin socks i think its faded glory socks if not she crys and screams and trys to take them off. i only found out the kind she liked cuz last winter walmart had a pack Clarance out for $2 so i got them and i no longer had to fight with her to keep her shoes and socks on.

Slieurance
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:55 AM

I can use just about any socks, but he does not like to keep them on for very long. He will leave his shoes and socks on, but if he just has socks on they come off after about 20 min. I had to buy him slippers for the winter months so his feet would not freeze.

corrinacs
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:59 AM

Hey,

I have bought Old Navy socks.  The ones I particulary like are white crew socks comes in a package with 2 pairs of white/navy lines and white/gray lines.  Those really stays on!.

I couldn't find any good socks at Old Navy lately to FIT my son, so I went to Kohl's.  I went to the bigger boy section (not the Toddler, but the step up) and they had some really nice sports socks there.  I got him some GoldToe brand socks and those seem to be really awesome.

I can't buy cheap socks for him, because he tends to put holes in them faster than a machine gun could LOL.

Hope this helps.

teri4lance
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:02 AM

for my son, I buy Nike - they really are better than the store brands - they last longer tha hanes and allthose too. my dd gets stride rite bc they are comfort seam and she is SO sensitive about her toes. dh gets mostly gold toe and dockers bc they make the sasquatch size and for me its usuaully hnaes bc of their sasquatch line lol (we are tall lol)

PeaceMuch
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:04 AM

Ankle socks..not picky about brands at allll..

07upsydaisy
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:06 AM

I like the socks from Old Navy.  They come in colors to match his outfits.

bhwrn1
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:07 AM

Thanks. I did buy some socks at Kohls for my oldest b/c he goes through them so fast. My middle guy is good with any kind of socks. I will look at kohl's and see what I can find for him!

Quoting corrinacs:

Hey,

I have bought Old Navy socks.  The ones I particulary like are white crew socks comes in a package with 2 pairs of white/navy lines and white/gray lines.  Those really stays on!.

I couldn't find any good socks at Old Navy lately to FIT my son, so I went to Kohl's.  I went to the bigger boy section (not the Toddler, but the step up) and they had some really nice sports socks there.  I got him some GoldToe brand socks and those seem to be really awesome.

I can't buy cheap socks for him, because he tends to put holes in them faster than a machine gun could LOL.

Hope this helps.

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

RobynS
by Robyn on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:09 AM

We're not too picky about socks. When DS was younger, I liked the ones with texture on the bottom (usually the brand name or something printed on the bottom in puffy type, if that makes sense).

kerijeanbean
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:12 AM

A the moment both my boys are wearing the Jersey's brand from Walmart.  My oldest is in size L and my younger one is about to move from S to M.  They really need a size in between.  The smalls are now too small, but the mediums are huge.  The Jersey's are the largest size small that I can find.  My daughter is still in the 18-36 month size socks.  I think she is wearing Faded Glory at the moment. 

The boys wear ankle socks and my daughter wears cuff socks.  The kind that fold down.  At the moment none of them are wearing socks at all.

lalasmama2007
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:14 AM

I buy her socks from various places when they are on sale.  She has a bunch from the Children's Place Outlet that I got for $0.49 a pair.  I just bought her two 7 packs at Kohl's last week on clearance for $4.00.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)