Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Juice

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:14 AM
  • 30 Replies

What kind of juice does your LO drink? Are they willing to try new and different flavors?

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dreamybabies
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:16 AM

DD drinks apple juice and orange juice (watered down).  that's about it.  the rest of the time she asks for water

RobynS
by Robyn on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:16 AM

DS will drink anything. We limit juice, though, and almost mix a little water with it. DD drinks mostly water.

jessicaaris
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:16 AM

My son is pretty good about any kind of juice. Apple, fruit punch, grape, etc. If you tell him it is juice he will try it. He even calls Gatorade and things like that juice and likes those as well.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
bhwrn1
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:19 AM

We try to limit juice, as well. And it is ALWAYS watered down. I swear it is more water than juice. And, if you give them full on juice, they look at you funny after they've tasted it! LOL!

Quoting RobynS:

DS will drink anything. We limit juice, though, and almost mix a little water with it. DD drinks mostly water.

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

bhwrn1
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:20 AM

My oldest will only drink white grape juice and occasionally orange juice. I am not kidding when I say only white grape juice. If he sees that it's purple, he refuses it! I suspect that this is b/c the purple has a much stronger taste.

My middle guy will drink anything but grapefruit juice. And my LO is not picky at all.

I always buy 100% juice.

lilblufrog
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:26 AM

We only get 100% juice but she likes pretty much any flavor. She gets 4oz water with 1oz juice.

thebailiffs
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:35 AM

I buy frozed juice and then mix it with water.  It saves so much money. We also buy juice boxes for lunches at school. 

He likes everything, but I always try to mix it up so he doesn't just like one type.

LuvEludesMe
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:35 AM

They love all juice no matter the flavor.

thebailiffs
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:36 AM

I was just sent them from another mommy group. I am not really sure about it but thought you might enjoy reading it.

http://www.seventhgeneration.com/learn/blog/new-study-says-85-kids-juices-snacks-could-contain-high-levels-lead

4time-mom
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:42 PM

Welch's grape, almost all Juicy Juice, sometimes the Old Orchard 100% juices (kiwi strawberry, berry blend), rarely a cranberry blend (100%, not ocean spray). I JUST quit watering it down this summer, because everyone having 1 glass means the bottle's gone, and they're content drinking plenty of water the rest of the time. Juice isn't an every day thing, only 1-3 times a week. I've yet to get flack on this, but I also give them Crystal Light a couple times a week - I make it with almost twice the water it calls for though. And they still drink plenty of water besides.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)