Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's the Lesser of the Evils? *UPDATE IN RED*

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:12 PM
  • 19 Replies

It's lunchtime and I don't have anything ready or even planned. I'm so tempted to just run out and pick something up for me and the kids, but money is tight AND we try to eat fairly healthy.

My options are:

• McDonald's
  • Burger King
  • Dairy Queen

We have Subway, too, but that's a bit more expensive.

Of those three stellar choices, what's my best bet when it comes to 'healthy?' Maybe by the time I read your answers I will have buckled down and cooked something! LOL

***Yay! I resisted temptation. We're not going out. I found just enough ham in the fridge to make ham and cheese wraps for the kids. Not enough for me, but I can make do with something else. I'll eat anything! LOL***

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
n03z07l08
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:16 PM

No clue...dairy queens got yummy food but then you'll be forced to buy ice cream too!

jellis
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:17 PM

OH now I want Mcdonalds Frapee lol
We are having fruit slices and soem sliced turkey. Thats all i have in the hosue and can't get out! Hope you pick somethign good! lol

Aimeeo0o21
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:18 PM

well u can do the $5 footlongs from subway and that wouldnt be too expensive.. that what i do when my mother is law is over i get 2 footlongs and between me her ds and dh we have too much with just those 2.. just a thought.. nothing feom mcdonalds burger king or dairy queen is healthy. lol

RobynS
by Robyn on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:18 PM

Yep. DS always wants a kid's meal, which comes with an ice cream treat. He always chooses a hot dog, too--which we all know isn't the highest quality food choice...

Quoting n03z07l08:

No clue...dairy queens got yummy food but then you'll be forced to buy ice cream too!

RobynS
by Robyn on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:18 PM

Hmmm... I do think we have some ham in the fridge. Unless DH finished it, which is likely.

Quoting jellis:

OH now I want Mcdonalds Frapee lol
We are having fruit slices and soem sliced turkey. Thats all i have in the hosue and can't get out! Hope you pick somethign good! lol

RobynS
by Robyn on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:20 PM

We usually get Subway on the weekend--that's our little treat. I'll check the fridge, and if there's nothing easy, maybe I'll do that. *sigh* Trying not to spend money, but the clock is ticking and I've gotta get my kids fed!

Quoting Aimeeo0o21:

well u can do the $5 footlongs from subway and that wouldnt be too expensive.. that what i do when my mother is law is over i get 2 footlongs and between me her ds and dh we have too much with just those 2.. just a thought.. nothing feom mcdonalds burger king or dairy queen is healthy. lol

SamNStefanMommy
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:51 PM
I don't know. I'd just like to say I envy everyone who lives near a fast food restaurant. I live in timbucktoo LOL The nearest fast food place is over an hour away. We have no choice but to cook every meal. And for the record...I would KILL for a Double Quarter Pounder w/ Cheese. Damn food posts and pregnancy cravings :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamNStefanMommy
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:53 PM
Oha nd I think you can look up the nutrition onfo on each stores website. When we used to go to mcdonalds or bk the kids would get kid meals of chicken fruit and milk. Healthy enuf for us :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RobynS
by Robyn on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:53 PM

Oh no! Sorry about that. But you are probably the lucky one. It's much easier to stay healthy when you don't have so many bad things to choose from!

Quoting SamNStefanMommy:

I don't know. I'd just like to say I envy everyone who lives near a fast food restaurant. I live in timbucktoo LOL The nearest fast food place is over an hour away. We have no choice but to cook every meal. And for the record...I would KILL for a Double Quarter Pounder w/ Cheese. Damn food posts and pregnancy cravings :)

jellis
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:59 PM

Dang these kids...they always want food...Geez you think they were growing or somethign! lol Hurray for ham! now off for naptime! lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)