Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3yr old over sexed?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:22 PM
  • 17 Replies

ok so let me explane i found my 3yr old today hiding in her closet with all her clothes off and i dont know where she got this magazine it was with girls in bathing suits any way it was open to one girl. i just felt kinda sick to think my 3yr old could be doing what it looks like, has anyone else ever heard of ths before or had this happen? i'm so freaked out and dont know how to handle this!

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Leosmama2006
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:25 PM

OH MAN. I HAVE NO IDEA. I HAVE WORKED IN DAYCARE AND WE HAD KIDS WHO "PLAYED" TO GET THEMSELVES TO SLEEP. FOR DCFS REASONS, WE HAD TO MAKE THE PARETNS TAKE THEM TO THE DOC TO MAKE SURE THEY HAD NOT BEEN MESSED WITH. MOST WERE VERY NICE FAMILIES, NOTHING WAS GOING ON IN THE HOME, HAD NOT BEEN MESSED WITH. I THINK SOME KIDS ARE JUST LIKE THAT. I WOULDN'T START THINKING THE WORST THOUGH. WHO KNOWS WHAT SHE WAS DOING. DON'T WORRY UNTIL YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO WORRY ABOUT! GOOD LUCK!

RobynS
by Robyn on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:26 PM

I don't know how the magazine plays into it exactly, but kids are curious--about everything. And that includes their own bodies. It's normal and natural for them to explore, even to touch and find out what feels good. Don't panic!! She's normal. =)

jessie_cutie25
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:38 PM

thanks girls! i men i have seen her touch herself before but my mom told me it was normal for lil kids to do that so i didnt worry too much but when i seen her with the mag. i kinda got really worried. no one ever had watched her shes always with my she has never been exsposed to any type of sex or anything like that so i when i saw that it was like somthing you think you'd see a boy doing lol

Jaye677
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:49 PM
IMO, maybe she was comparing herself to the girls in the magazine, not in a bad way, just seeing how they look compared to herself. That's what my first thought is anyway
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aimeeo0o21
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:55 PM

u should watch the tyra episode with kids masturbating.. i couldnt believe it, but ALOT of kids do it and not becuase they have all been touched, just because they are curious and they have that feel good sensation just like we do. i wouldnt worry about it too much

jessie_cutie25
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:14 PM

that is what my husband said after he took a minute to compose himself lol and that does make sense since she last week touched my breast and asked mommy what is that?

Quoting Jaye677:

IMO, maybe she was comparing herself to the girls in the magazine, not in a bad way, just seeing how they look compared to herself. That's what my first thought is anyway

jessie_cutie25
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:16 PM

lol i did see that the other day thats why when i saw her touch herself the other day i didnt freak too much, it just seems so odd that a 3yr would do that. i'm a 1st time mommy til i seen my daughter and tyra talking about it i had never heard of such a thing.

Quoting Aimeeo0o21:

u should watch the tyra episode with kids masturbating.. i couldnt believe it, but ALOT of kids do it and not becuase they have all been touched, just because they are curious and they have that feel good sensation just like we do. i wouldnt worry about it too much

ALOUDWHISPER
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:19 PM

SHE IS CURIOUS & IT'S NORMAL ALTHOUGH ALOT OF PLACES WOULDN'T CONSIDER IT NORMAL & FREAK OUT BUT I HAVE SEEN MY FAIR SHARE OF KIDS DOING "ODD" THINGS

RobynS
by Robyn on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:51 PM

I just have to say... I love your screen name!

Glad to see so many mamas supporting the OP, too. =)

Quoting ALOUDWHISPER:

SHE IS CURIOUS & IT'S NORMAL ALTHOUGH ALOT OF PLACES WOULDN'T CONSIDER IT NORMAL & FREAK OUT BUT I HAVE SEEN MY FAIR SHARE OF KIDS DOING "ODD" THINGS

jellis
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:29 PM

Yeah i would go with the majority that she is just learnign abotu herself and comapring. My oldest DS lieks to pinch himself.

When he was 6 I finnaly asked why...cause it feels good. I explained in yoru bedroom only not in public. Although one day I was sooo tired of saying please stop doing that around yrou friends I actually flipped and was like stop or you are going to go blind!!!  Uh, my DH is blind...The look on DS face was priceless!!! He was like OMG daddy! Leave it alone and maybe you can see again!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)