Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The ring an dyour period? PIOG

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:37 PM
  • 9 Replies

I am on the ring now. I know you can leave it in for 3 weeks, tak eit out and have a period, or leave it in for four weeks, take it out and put a new one in. Well, I just want to make sure I'm not pregnant, so this is the first time I have taken it out to have a period. How long does it generally take to start? I was supposed to take it out Sunday (yesterday) but took it out this morning instead. Does it start the same day you take it out? The next?

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Leosmama2006
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:50 PM

bump

Aimeeo0o21
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:57 PM

ive never used the ring, but im assuming it would either be the next day or the day after that. idk tho

lundaylove
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:00 PM

it usually takes me about 3 days, i have a super light period for about 4 days then i put it back in. But now i dont take it out at all for my periods, i do the 4wks thing for no periods.

Lorraine182
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:01 PM

Look it up on their website,I check the Mirena one all the time if I have questions.They might have the answers you need.

mami2dj06
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:09 PM

I have been on the ring for over a year and mine fluctuates.  I do the 3 week cycle....sometimes I start spotting on the Thursday before I am supposed to take it out on Sunday and sometimes I take it out and nothing happens until the Thursday after I take it out....it freaks me out all the time...lol.

In fact, I took mine out yesterday and there is NO sign of my period....it's one of "those" months...lol.

Leosmama2006
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:23 PM

I already did that. Didn't find anything about it.
 Thx tho

Quoting Lorraine182:

Look it up on their website,I check the Mirena one all the time if I have questions.They might have the answers you need.

RobynS
by Robyn on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:40 PM

I'm guessing it would vary a little bit from person to person. I wouldn't panic. Give it a few days...

bhwrn1
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:10 PM

This was my thought.

Quoting RobynS:

I'm guessing it would vary a little bit from person to person. I wouldn't panic. Give it a few days...

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

Leosmama2006
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:37 PM

I'm not panicking, just was wondering how long. I figured it would take a few days, but just wanted to check.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)