Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tell me about 4-K * my DD will be going next month*

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:54 PM
  • 5 Replies

Rileys going to get her physical on the 2nd and get signed up for 4-k. she will be going monday-friday from 12-3.

what can i exspect of pre k. what do they do all day long?

are there any school supplies i need to stock up on?

im sure they will tell me more about it during orientation but thats not till next month.

any adivce or info would be GREAT :)

Lilypie - (OtQL)Lilypie - (dtKP)Lilypie - (Nkpr)

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
steffielou_who
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:04 PM

What is 4-k??? We have pre-k around here and the kids go and get to have a schedule.. It really helps them transition to Kindergarten!  They get to school and go straight in & wash hands then they fix their breakfast... They reccommend that you don't feed them at home so they can get used to this.. After they eat, they will go up to their class.. They do the same things as Kindergarteners.. Have music class, play in & outside, they get stories read to them... They also teach them how to write their names & abc's, 123"s... =) Also, around here they aren't allowed to ask you to supply things, but they will take donations so i always send crayons & stuff.. Feel obligated.. If I want my child to have what he needs, I need to help supply it!

LancesMom
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:05 PM

You could ask the moms in the

Toddler & Preschool Group

Crysrey1
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:21 PM
Isn't this the toddler&preschool group?? LOL!

Quoting LancesMom:

You could ask the moms in the

Toddler & Preschool Group

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anabele
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 12:21 AM

Our K4 here is all day long... so Im not realy sure what you can expect goin just a few hours. I know my girl had alot of fun and loved learning. We also went on quite a few trips but like I said she went all day long. And most of what you buy will be 'community' supplies. All the kids share. glue, crayons, tissues, markers, paper, siccors, etc. Sorry I couldnt be of more help...

party_of_5
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 12:24 AM

All 3 of mine went to pre-k. The thing is they learn through play, they make it fun. They will learn their basic's, alphabet, numbers, colors, shapes. I know we had to supply school items. Look at your local school district website & their should be a school supply list, if not I know around here they are starting to put the school supply out so they should have some list.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)