Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toys for long car rides

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:52 PM
  • 5 Replies
I need some ideas of good toys for a twenty month old boy in the car. We are on vacation and drove for ten hours today and he was miserable and fussy. We had movies, puzzles, and a magnadoodle but nothing helped all he wanted was crackers the whole time. I can't feed him for straight ten hours. Going home on Saturday and want to pick up a few things for car ride home if anyone has any good ideas. Thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lundaylove
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:54 PM

sorry magnadoodles work for my kids but we drive mostly at night so they sleep, than its only a few hours during the day with the magnadoodles.

hollinicole
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:02 PM

My DD has the V-tech Pocket, she has been playing its since two, also we take a new movie, Wiggles is still a hit cause she can sing and move in her seat with them. Color Wonder is a most have for any trip.  Hope you find something that work, maybe on the way back you can try and find something for him to do stop and get out and play.

matofour
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:10 PM
We drive a lot, that's a hard age.
Have you tried color wonder? Or look and find books? We always buy a few new movies too. Sounds silly but two of our favorite things are post it notes and pipe cleaners, hours of fun there.
Get him a cookie sheet and put magnets on it. In a pinch I will blow bubbles for them. We also bring travel playdoh, and let them play with that. Just the little tiny tub.
Two has always been the hardest age to entertain them, they don't really play video games, or read, or even really color much, good luck!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cookie80
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:01 PM

My in-laws are a 2 1/2 - 3 hr trip, we take about every 1-2 months.  I let him pick out the toys he wants to bring.  I remember my son was that age we'd take turns sitting in the back with him to entertain him.  It can be hard to keep them entertained.  good luck.

cheyjanssen
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 12:00 AM

A friend encouraged me to do this when we travelled 16 hours when my son was about that age. I bought several small cheap toys and wrapped them. When he started getting fussy he got to open a present. When he got bored it was time to open another. We did hotwheels, a book to scribble in, pez, etc. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)