Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am currently researching preschools for my DD, even though she is only 15 months. Its too early to send her, but I like to do my research.

I am just curious... What kind of preschool do/did you send your kids to? Montessori? Reggio? etc? How much do you think is too much to pay? And if your child has already gone through preschool, how did you and your child enjoy the experience?How often did your child attend a week? How involved were you?  What made you choose that preschool? What were the outstanding features?

I know its a lot of questions to answer, and you dont need to answer them all. I appreciate any and all answers, and I thank you in advance for your responses.

I live in Southern California. Here, there are many many different types of preschools and education philosophies. And the price ranges from very cheap to almost $800 a month for 4 days a week. Price is not an issue for her education, but I dont want to pay an outrageous amount, regardless.

I'm not looking for drama, bashing etc. I am looking for a civilized discussion about your experiences and preferences with your children and their preschools.

Thank you all again!

I am completely in love with my little family. I have a wonderful man, who loves me oh so much. And we have a gorgeous, super smart, loving little girl. Her name is Scarlett Bella and she is our entire world. I feel like the luckiest woman alive. Thank you God for the life you have given me.

in love

by on Aug. 4, 2010 at 4:28 PM
Replies (21-21):
2and2onway
by on Aug. 4, 2010 at 6:04 PM

That sounds wonderful. Would be nice to have that all around.

Quoting Azita888:

I live in Southern California too, I am in San Diego County and the county is doing preschool for all project for certain neighborhoods until 2011.  The goal of the project is to find out if having free preschool is beneficial to kids.  So my dd is 3.5 and she has been going to this free preschool which is run by the national city school district, it's across the street from our elementary school.  She goes M-F 8 am to 11am and they follow the elementary school schedule, she is going back to the same class at the end of august.  I think it has been very good for her.  She is learning a lot and she has become much more social with kids her age.  They have parent teacher conference twice a year and they tell us how she is doing.  They also do 2-3 educational field trips (they went to sea world last year).  Parents can volunteer to help in the classroom as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)