• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

picky eating

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:19 PM
  • 3 Replies

My daughter is BEYOND picky and if you put anything on her plate that isn't the main things she eats she starts crying its almost like she is scared of the food. Last night I stuck to my guns and made her try dinner it took 5 hours, but she gagged on the bite and threw it up.

Any ideas on how to get her to eat more than just chicken nuggets and grapes (her main food that she eats)

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
KrazyEnergy
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:27 PM

if she likes parmesian cheese (shredded) you can sometimes get kids to dip different meats and veggies in it. or mix the meat with mashpotatos.

try offering her a deal and picking out 5 of the 8 pieces of meat and say if u eat these then ur done... or offer her a prize if she eats all her food.

just keep trying new foods and maybe she will find something she likes.

sometimes its a texture thing? she may not like certain textures of food.

if all else fails you can try those drinks they have for toddlers who dont get enough nutrition, i forget what they are called though.

the one thing you do not want to do is push push push because the more you push the more she is going to refuse. You can put a timer on the table and tell her if she is not finished eating by the time the timer goes off she wont get desert that night (or an extra bedtime story, or she will lose 5 min of tv... etc)

or you could even try a sticker chart on the fridge, every time she trys something new add a sticker to her chart and after so many stickers she gets a prize.

:) good luck

bamababe1975
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:33 PM

BUMP!

smurfy88
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:39 PM

shes a bit young for the losing tv and such, i dont think she would udnerstand, she is 2 (going to be 3 soon).

I have tried letting her dip her food she likes ranch and ketchup and none of it works.

I think the drinks ur thinking about are pediasure?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)