Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

im going crazy!!!!!

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:32 PM
  • 5 Replies

my 3 year is really driving me up the wall! and when i say we have tried everything, i mean it....nothing is working and he has a terrible attitude and he is always wanting everything his way or he throws a fit! he acts like we dont discipline him at all but we do! im at my wits end! is this normal for a 3 year old boy?? any advice?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
sunfireprincess
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:38 PM

oh yes its normal. I have a four year old, and he acts pretty much the same way a lot. I want to tear my hair out at times...I am hoping this phase goes away, because I, like you, are doing everything to stop the behavior...even though it does not work. I would talk to your pediatrician. I hate to be of NO help but I do want you to know I am here if you want to chat more

mommy31007
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:41 PM

yes it is normal they say "terrible twos"  but sometimes they get that late.  just be firm in letting him know hes not going to behave that way and stick to it.  If he knows he can get what he wants by piching a fit for it long enough then he will continue to do so.

rileysmommy229
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:44 PM

i've had a very hard time with being consistant but i have gotten better over the last few months, its just tears me up inside when i feel like all i have done is punish him all day for this or that...i just want him to be good so he CAN have positive attention.

Slieurance
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:51 PM

hugsJust try and remember that this is for his benifit. I know it is hard. We are dealing with eating and behavior issues with our DS as well. I just remember that I am doing this so that he will be able to get along with others. Good luck Momma.

Nykkii
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:19 PM

Maybe try ignoring his bad behavior completely.  If he's not giving you opportunities to give him positive attention, you need to create them.  Spend a day pretending he's not bad (unless it's something serious).  Don't give him his way for bad behavior but don't give him the negative attention, either. 

You can ask him to do simple things like picking up his plate after breakfast and putting it in the sink.  Make sure to commend him and play a game.  Tell him it's because he's being so good.  Continue doing positive attention for silly things throughout the day and see if it helps. 

I do that for my nephew when he comes over, and it works for him.  He's horrible in general.  I just make good things for him to get positive attention because he's just looking for attention in general. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)