Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why oh why

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:19 PM
  • 4 Replies

so aiden will be 3 in sept and lately he refuses to sleep he will stay up to 10 if i let him i know because the other night i let him stay up just to see how long he would last then hhe wakes by 6am every day and he fights naps some days he'll sleep 30 mins some 3 hours he has been on the same schedule since he was 1 or so..the only difference is i am preggos wonder if that can affect his sleep cycle??

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
AmyG1976
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:20 PM

i would knock out the nap unless he takes it on his own many kids give it up by then and then well ya know work on sticking to a bedtime routine every evening good luck they all though crazy no sleep stages

PRMommy86
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:27 PM

I also say give up on naps. My son stopped taking naps before he was 2 and is now 4. He goes to bed around 9-930 and wakes up at 7. If he goes to bed late, the latest he'll get up is at 8. How about also making sure you "drain" him out in the afternoon or before dinner. I sometimes have to do that with mine because he tends to be a very hyper one lol.

LancesMom
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:27 PM

Yup me too! No naps. Maybe some quiet time, or listen to music as a mid day break for him.

ForeverInLove
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:29 PM
I'm in the same boat as you only I cannot knock the nap otherwise he gets super naughty from being too tired.
My son will actually stay up until 11 though whether he's had a nap or not.

Let me know if you figure anything out... Like I said, we have to have that nap otherwise after about 2pm or so, he does absolutely nothing but be naughty. If he takes a nap, just a hours nap, he is so much better!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)