Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help, I need potty training advice. please going insane. not like all of the other ones

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:45 PM
  • 27 Replies

Ok, my daughter will be three in november.  She has been fully wet potty trained for three months now.  I have tried everything I can think of to get her to poop on the potty.  I have tried stickers, candy, telling her that big girls go poopie on the potty, giving her positive reinforvement, praising her when she does (it has only been two or three times).  she will tell you that she is poopie after the fact, but just wont go on the potty.  help!  I am at my witts end with this.  I am tired of doing laundry just for underwear and the clothes b/c she poops in them.

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SouthernMama08
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 8:43 AM

Poop is the hardest.  My son is 2.5 years and has been fully pee potty trained since June.  He does pretty well in the poop department, but we still have our accidents.  I try to catch him in the act.  But if he poops in his underwear then comes on tell me...I make him stay in the poopy underwear for a while.  Not long...normally only the walk to the bathroom (cause I don't carry him).

Good luck!

Seans_mommy123
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 8:49 AM

Honestly the thing that worked for us was taking toys away from DS. He knew he was suppose to poop in the potty but refused to. One day he had an accident so i got him a change of clothes and told him to get dress. For whatever reason he wouldn't and I found him squatting on the floor over a pile of poop. He got time out and I took away a toy he had just gotten and had been wanting for a while. After that he figured out we were serioud on pooping in the potty. He's been pooping in the potty since April. That's what worked for me. Does your DD poop at the same time everyday or however often she goes? If so you can just put her on the pot at that time.

bam920
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 9:24 AM

I agree, try to find the time of day that she seems to need to go and making her sit for a while on it.  I know this is incredibley frustrating.

rame7704
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 9:35 AM
This sounds horrible but it worked for both my dds. I told them they have to feed the potty monster because it gets very hungry like they do.... And they believed me. But hey it worked
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twokids0407
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 12:17 PM

My daughter will g at various times dring the day.  Sometimes she goes in the morning sometimes she goes in the afternoon.  she will also not go one day and then five or six times a day.  It is hard that way because she doesnt go at the same time each day either.  I might try the potty is hungry thing,  it might work for her.  I make my daughter walk to the potty, she never gets carried,  so she does sit in it until she is changeed.  thanks for the advice,  there has been some things that I will try.

If there is any one else with advice it is still apreciated. 

jersey32girl
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 12:44 PM

I feel for you.  I'm trying to potty train twins.  My DS gets the peeing but not pooping yet and well DD won't have it.  Go figure.  Just keep trying.  She'll get it when she's ready.

JodiC1276
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 1:48 PM

My almost 3 1/2 year old son only started pooping consistently in the potty a couple of weeks ago.  I was like you, nothing I tried seemed to work.  We never did the pull-up thing, just straight to underwear.  The thing that finally worked was he actually pooped in the potty when we took a weekend trip to Chicago (it was a "new" potty).  He's had a couple of accidents since but it was within the first week.  Now when he has to go, he tells me and I sit with him.  He's got this thing that we can only whisper and be real quiet when he's pooping.  I also give him something to play with if he asks for it.  The first few times too we went to the store later that day and bought him a new "Baby Engine".  It's the Take-Along trains from Thomas the Tank Engine and they only cost $6.  Keep hanging in there.  She'll figure it out in time and unfortunately all we can do as moms is wait for that "A-ha!" moment.

Danielle_Nicole
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 1:56 PM

I had the problem with my 4 year old.I think they need to just do it on their own.I think there is a fear of the potty.

Danielle_Nicole
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 1:57 PM

You can't punish a child for potty training issues!Thats just plain wrong!!!!

Quoting Seans_mommy123:

Honestly the thing that worked for us was taking toys away from DS. He knew he was suppose to poop in the potty but refused to. One day he had an accident so i got him a change of clothes and told him to get dress. For whatever reason he wouldn't and I found him squatting on the floor over a pile of poop. He got time out and I took away a toy he had just gotten and had been wanting for a while. After that he figured out we were serioud on pooping in the potty. He's been pooping in the potty since April. That's what worked for me. Does your DD poop at the same time everyday or however often she goes? If so you can just put her on the pot at that time.

Life is the flower for which love is the honey

runner-mom
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 1:59 PM

Quoting rame7704:

This sounds horrible but it worked for both my dds. I told them they have to feed the potty monster because it gets very hungry like they do.... And they believed me. But hey it worked

rolling on floor  I didn't have trouble with my oldest pooping (he thought the noise it made when it hit the water was hysterical, uggh boys!) but if my youngest has hesitations, I'm totally using this! LMAO!

Run Like a MOM!!                 my blog                        join us at dailymile!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)