Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Troubles with sleeping with a 4 year old.

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:51 AM
  • 5 Replies

My son is 4 years old and has been day trained for a year now. I can not keep him dry over night. We cut the drinks out at night and he still gets up wet. He goes potty before bed and he can still wake up wet. He will stay dry 1 or 2 nights but thats it. Is there anything else I can do to help him stay dry.

The other problem I am having with him is sleeping, he does not sleep well at all. He gets up during the night and climbs in our bed which we dont mind. Its while he is in our bed that bothers us. He will whine, cry, and throw himself around. It will start around 4am and last till around 6am. I am at my wits end with this. My husband and I both work so waking up with him putting him back in his bed would be an all night thing with him that is why we allow him to stay with us. He is still in our room sue to our living situation we can not move him in any other room we just dont have the space for it.

He was a problem baby, he has reflux really bad, he has eczama a very bad case of it and is in treatment for it. He has a GI for tummy problems, an allergist for his food allergies, skin doctor for eczama. and is going to see an ENT on Wed to check his tonsils, adnoids, and ears out to see if that may help with his sleeping problems.

If anyone has any more ideas I would be thrilled with them. 

by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
LancesMom
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 1:21 PM

Have you explained this to your Doctor?  I think it might be a good idea to mention the restless sleep he is getting.

Laurajaw
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 8:56 PM

I have talked to him and that is why we are going to the ENT to see if it could be his andnoids or tonsils causing him restless sleep. Hopefully I find something out tom. then it will be trying to keep him dry all night.

Melissa_anne
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 9:08 PM

my daughter had to get her tonsils and adnoids out last year because she was having trouble sleeping.  Does he stop breathing sometimes when he is sleeping, just for a few seconds?  Does he get colds alot?  thats what was happening to my daughter, we were on a nebulizer for 6 months before they told me to take her to the allergist to see if she had allergies, well the Allergy Dr is also an ENT and he took one look at her tonsils and adnoids and asked if she stopped breathing and i told him yes and he said because the tonsils and adnoids were too large

Melissa_anne
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 9:09 PM

PS. Good luck at the Dr.  I hope they find something out and you can get it fixed!

Laurajaw
by on Aug. 25, 2010 at 10:12 PM

Had the appt today the ENT said everything looked good on his end nothing too big. He did suggest to do a sleep study on him so we are waiting to hear about scheduling it. They thing its apena and they said him not staying dry is all tied into it. Will update when we find more out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)