Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DD won't sleep in her own bed

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:08 AM
  • 6 Replies

My DD, who's almost 3, will not sleep in here own bed at night. She's fine during the day but she wakes up at night and will not go back to sleep unless she's in bed with me. I've tried putting her back in bed when she gets out and laying in her bed with her but it doesn't work. IS this a stage or something else, I never had this much trouble with my son when he was her age. Any help would be great.

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Love2Bugs
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:16 AM

My daughter who will be 3 in march is the same way. I have no problems putting her to bed at night. I read her 2 or 3 stories put them under her pillow kiss her goodnight and turn on her lullabies. But sometimes, well usualy around 3ish she will wake up and come crawl into bed with me (i think its nightmares). If i try to put her in her bed she will throw a fit. I think its my fault thought because when i was pregnant i would let her sleep with me all the time. I dont mind it though, For now anyways. As long as she goes to sleep in her bed at first. Im sure she will eventualy grow out of it. Soooo i have no advice lol.

Nsbgirl
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:14 AM

My daughter who is almost 3 does the same thing. I put her to bed at night, no problem. Then at 2 or 3 AM she comes into my bed. She is usually still asleep kind of, so I let her stay until she is asleep all the way and then move her back into her bed, and she stays there until morning.

Angiebooboo
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:46 AM

My 4 year old is like that, she starts out in her bed, but ends up in ours.

daiseymae2
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 5:49 AM
Yep. It can get annoying some times, but we really don't mind.

Quoting Angiebooboo:

My 4 year old is like that, she starts out in her bed, but ends up in ours.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dreamybabies
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:21 AM
Have some rules and use a reward system to reinforce good behavior. Ask her to pick one night on the weekend when she can sleep with you and then let her or have it so if she stays in bed all week she will get stickers for each night she remains in bed then as a reward she can sleep w/you in your bed fri/sat night or give her a small treat like a sticker book or a small box of crayons. My friend and sis did this with success; they key is consistency. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrygirl06
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 2:30 PM

Quoting dreamybabies:

Have some rules and use a reward system to reinforce good behavior. Ask her to pick one night on the weekend when she can sleep with you and then let her or have it so if she stays in bed all week she will get stickers for each night she remains in bed then as a reward she can sleep w/you in your bed fri/sat night or give her a small treat like a sticker book or a small box of crayons. My friend and sis did this with success; they key is consistency. Good luck!

Thats a good idea I may have to try this. Normally  I don't mind it and I figure she'll probably outgrow it in a few years but once in a while its hard to have any time with the hubby if there's a toddler in the bed. Thanks for the advise!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)