Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does your toddler sleep with you

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:52 AM
  • 89 Replies
My daughter sleep with us every night and I need to know how to get her out. Sometimes she lay in her own bed but end up in our bed in the middle of the night. But the hardest part about it is her bed is in our room until we get a bigger place. I don't want her sleeping with me when she is 10, 15, or 20yrs old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lundaylove
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:36 AM

with her in your room it might be harder... i never let my kids sleep with me past 5 months cuz i didnt want them being with me forever. i would just start putting her in her bed to sleep and not letting her get into yours. just enforce it and dont give in and eventually she'll sleep in her bed.

Bobbij24
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:45 AM

Yes our little girl sleeps with us every night, and just like you her bed is in our room to due to lack of space. Sometimes she will sleep in her bed but she usually ends up in our bed during the night. I know that she just feels safer being next to me so I don't mind at all. She will outgrow it soon enough...my other children were co-sleepers and they adjusted just fine when they were ready. Hang in there Momma....this too shall pass!

sunshinemama86
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:50 AM

well my dd co slept till she was about three then she wanted her own big girl bed. she still comes in our room some nights if she has a bad dream or there is a bad storm. i honestly dont mind at all they are only little once and trust me they wont want to cuddle you and sleep in your bed when they are 15.

RiverPhenix
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:54 AM

Quoting sunshinemama86:

well my dd co slept till she was about three then she wanted her own big girl bed. she still comes in our room some nights if she has a bad dream or there is a bad storm. i honestly dont mind at all they are only little once and trust me they wont want to cuddle you and sleep in your bed when they are 15.

Mrs-Atkinson
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:55 AM

How old is she? I would just move her back to her bed. My son has shared a room with me most of his life. Sometimes it was in the same bed and sometimes he had his own bed. Neither one ever mattered much to him. He now has his own room and sleeps in there every night.

Amanda126
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:58 AM

We still share a room with my three year old daughter. There was the same problem with her sleeping with us or ending up in our bed every night. Well when we went for her three year old check up with her doctor we told the doctor that we couldn't get her to sleep in her own bed. Pretty much the doctor looked right at her and told her that she is now a big girl and needs to start to sleep in her own bed. I guess since she heard it from the doctor she listened and now stays in her own bed all night long. I guess I was just lucky with how well she listened to the doctor.

ForeverInLove
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:04 AM
Our three year old son ends up in my bed every night. He starts on the couch. I don't make him sleep upstairs right now because it is too hot upstairs and he literally won't sleep. I can't put a fan in his room either, because he break it.
There is also no lighting in the stairwell. I could plug in a night light at the top in the hallway, but the stairs turn soon afterwards and it's still dark. My son also, will just unplug it and break it..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CelticMom82
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:14 AM

My oldest used to always end up in our bed. In the summer when it is really hot he will end up in our  room (we have an air conditioner in our room)  but we made a deal that I would make him his own floor mat and pillow. Seems to work if he gets too hot in his room he just comes in a curls up on our floor. It just takes time and she will grow out of it. You just have to find her currency to make it more appealing to be in her space instead of yours.

s.t.e.p.h
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:14 AM

My boys sleep in their room. Sometimes my 2 year old sleeps in her room,sometimes she sleeps in mine. Thankfully, she's been better about sleeping in her room lately.

kyfiregirl
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:15 AM

no way i need my resty not a karate match

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)