Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

North Carolina mommies

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:40 AM
  • 18 Replies
First let me start by saying good morning my lovely cafemom ladies. I am a mother of three beautiful children Angelique 3, Christian 18 months, and London 1 month. We currently live in Philadelphia PA. I was planning on buying a house next year but hubby and I were thinking of moving out of the state. We are both interested in moving to North Carolina. Are there any sections of NC that you really like? I'm kind of tired of this busy city and we are looking for a bit of a change. Let me know what parts of NC you represent and what you like about it. I need help! Ironically enough my name is Charlotte..Lol
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Brianav
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:42 AM
Stay away from Fayetteville. GROSS!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lundaylove
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:44 AM

we live in jacksonville nc. my husband is stationed at camp lejeune here. we really like it... theres not much in jacksonville but we're close to other areas like wilmington and such. we just bought a house here too, completely remodeled 4 bedrooms 2 baths on almost an acre for 144,900

charnel07
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:00 AM
Thanks! ! Ladies
charnel07
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:42 AM
Does anyone know anything about durham?
CVislosky
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:24 AM

I live in Havelock, NC. It's rather small and that's fine with me. I am about 30 minutes from the beach and shopping. I love it down here aside from living so far away from my family.

CVislosky
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:25 AM

Durham is a pretty big city. I'm not a fan of it because it's huge and has a 10 lane highway around it.

Quoting charnel07:

Does anyone know anything about durham?

charnel07
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:22 PM
wow a 10 lane highway! I don't know if I like that so much either
froggie1008
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 7:39 AM

I don't think durham is to bad. The traffic is bad but other than that I think its ok. I like most of the cities around the beach. Definitly stay far away from the military bases. Lejune is better than bragg, but if your not military than its really frustrating place to live.

DragonLuv
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 7:45 AM
I am in Florida and my husband and I are seriously thinking of moving to Charlotte,NC. We are in the 3rd worst town in Florida and things are not getting better here. We looked into Durham, but did not like it. Charlotte is huge and booming, I love city life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rockinmama07
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 7:46 AM

If you are used to big cities and all that comes with them a place like Durham, Raleigh, Chapel Hill etc isn't so bad.  If you want to slow down look to areas further East.  Say Greenville, Jacksonville, or areas like Asheville, Ashboro areas like that.  I live in the boonies and love it :) (just outside of Greenville).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)