Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Someone stole my little guys toys

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:16 AM
  • 8 Replies

Would you believe it. Sat we were out with the kids. It was a perfect day great for a picnic under a shade tree not to hot not to cold. So I played out in the yard with my kids and yes even made them lunch and we ate under our tree, they loved it. My son had a sit and scoot tonka truck he got last year for Christmas from his grandma as well as a infant bike and a push ball popper thing both that I managed to pick up from a Goodwill. Never had a problem before so didn't think about it. Sun after coming in from Church I noticed they were not in the front yard I just assumed hubby moved them to the back as he stayed home and cleaned up that day.. When taking trash out the back door last night I didn't see them so I asked hubby where did you put the baby's toys? He looked at me blank? We looked all around the house front, back sides, next to bushes no sign of them? Someone had stole all 3 of them. Really! who steals a baby's toys. I'm so angry!

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ClaraBearLove06
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:40 AM

That is Horrible!!! They could have gone to goodwill also or found stuff off of Freecycle.org groups or Free stuff off of Craig's List.  Stealing is just ridiculous when you have people giving stuff away for free and it's so much easier to get that help now with FreeCycle.org & Craig's List Free Stuff listings.  I'm so sorry to hear that happened to you.  I would be completely hurt if that happend to my child also. 

If you'd like to try out Freecycle.org, first you have to put the city and state you currently live in, in their search bar on their webpage.  Then they will show you the groups listed.  Set up a yahoo account if you don't already have one and request to be apart of that group.  Once you are approved they email you everything.  Basically it's world wide and you offer and request things with other's in your group (local's).  There are rules and regulations but everything is 100% free.  You have to offer something before placing a want/request, this keeps the chain going.  If your wondering how good it is let's just say I gave away 2 nice cell phones I wasn't using and I found/received a perfectly good recliner.  If it's junk they have to list it, if it's got flaws they have to list it.  It's a wonderful way to keep stuff from being thrown away just b/c someone bought something new.  Just incase you were wondering :)

lalasmama2007
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:51 AM

That's just wrong : (

j45505
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:56 AM

Quoting ClaraBearLove06:

That is Horrible!!! They could have gone to goodwill also or found stuff off of Freecycle.org groups or Free stuff off of Craig's List.  Stealing is just ridiculous when you have people giving stuff away for free and it's so much easier to get that help now with FreeCycle.org & Craig's List Free Stuff listings.  I'm so sorry to hear that happened to you.  I would be completely hurt if that happend to my child also. 

If you'd like to try out Freecycle.org, first you have to put the city and state you currently live in, in their search bar on their webpage.  Then they will show you the groups listed.  Set up a yahoo account if you don't already have one and request to be apart of that group.  Once you are approved they email you everything.  Basically it's world wide and you offer and request things with other's in your group (local's).  There are rules and regulations but everything is 100% free.  You have to offer something before placing a want/request, this keeps the chain going.  If your wondering how good it is let's just say I gave away 2 nice cell phones I wasn't using and I found/received a perfectly good recliner.  If it's junk they have to list it, if it's got flaws they have to list it.  It's a wonderful way to keep stuff from being thrown away just b/c someone bought something new.  Just incase you were wondering :

Thanks for the tip I am signed on with them already. I resorted back to the thrift stores due to in my area it's a metro and we are way in the county of it. (10min drive to closest grocery) So many times I find things in the thrift stores for the same $2 to $5 I would have spent driving to pick up XYZ freecycle item. I still use it to give stuff away though and once and a good while if it's a really good item I will still make the drive to pick stuff up.

jeepingirrl
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:58 AM

That is messed up! What kind of person takes a kids toys?

MommyRJ
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:59 AM

wowwwwwww sad

Danielle_Nicole
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:43 AM

Thats so sad!

Life is the flower for which love is the honey

kyledavidsmom
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:43 AM

I am so sorry that is just so wrong.

cadlecr4
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:47 AM

im sorry   thats horrible...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)