Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

uncircumcised question

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:53 PM
  • 4 Replies

My boys both arent circumcised and they are ages five and two months.  I was just wondering at what age is normal for the forskin to finally fold back.  My five year old's still doesn't retract but I didn't know if it just happens at different ages because I thought I remembered that it was supposed to start retracting by age two or three.

Thanks!

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Mami2Jahzi
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:59 PM

My ped. said around 5. My son is only two so I haven't dealt with it yet.

RobynS
by Robyn on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:15 PM

My 5 year old's hasn't retracted yet, either.

ruthie11617
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:42 PM

Actually, it is completely normal for it not to retract until puberty or later. Whatever you do, DO NOT try to retract it yourself. The only one who should do that is your son, because he knows when it hurts and when to stop.

"Foreskin Retraction: As noted, the foreskin and glans develop as one tissue. Separation will evolve over time. It should not be forced. When will separation occur? Each child is different. Separation may occur before birth; this is rare. It may take a few days, weeks, months, or even years. This is normal. Although many foreskins will retract by age 5, there is no need for concern even after a longer period. Some boys do not attain full retractability of the foreskin until adolescence." (American Academy of Pediatrics)

drakemom1
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:48 PM

thanks mommas!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)