Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you plan to fight the upcoming cold/fly season?

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:46 PM
  • 8 Replies

School has started and already there is a flurry of people getting sick. What are you doing to keep your family healthy this season?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
justanotherjen
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:02 PM

Nothing.  I never do anything different when the kids start school.  One of them usually brings a cold home the first few weeks but my kids never really get sick.  They'll have that cold (runny nose and cough) for a few days and that's it.  They won't get sick again until sometime after Christmas.  Last year my 1st grader only missed 1 day of school and she faked it that day.  My son missed 2 1/2 days for the flu in October (the first time any of my kids had the flu--he had just turned 8) and a few days for his migraines.

~Jen~

mom of Meagan (10), Owen (8 1/2), Brenna (7 1/2), Nora (4) and Jack Logan (born 7.14.10)

[real signature coming soon]

LancesMom
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:04 PM

I wait to see how bad the flu they think coming is, then decide.

luvplay
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:14 PM
We just keep plugging away...kids go to a babysitter and they usually pass a cold around, but nothing bad!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
j45505
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:16 PM

lysol, bleach, peroxide, tissues, handwashing, regular house cleaning, plenty of water, stay away from eachother, LOL!

Cinderella423
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:17 PM

I use a fly swatter.. sorry had to!

mom2swtboys
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:18 PM
My kids get the flu shot every year. We don't. We use a lot of lysol (fil buys us the 3 can packages) and lysol wipes for dorrknobs. And we pray we don't get sick! I havnt had the flu in forever and I can't stand to be sick!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laura7485
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:19 PM

My kids aren't in school yet, but we are just really consistent about washing hands and using disinfectant cleaners and wipes.

jessarendt22
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:23 PM

My DD is 3 and for her I give her a daily vitamin , give vitamin enriched foods like fruit and veggies and I also give her some of the odwalla or the Naked superfood juices. I started doing this with her last year and she never got sick , she would show a few signs but then id just up her fluids and it went away before it even began . and of course we wash hands and I use disinfectant wipes on her tops and furniture.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)