Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

chip tooth

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:01 PM
  • 7 Replies
my dd is always running in the house and I tell her to stop & walk she listen but goes right back to running so she was running & fell & chipped her tooth &her gum bleed alittle she was crying should I giv her tylenol? adv pls
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
fairysurreale
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:03 PM

If it hurts her.  I would also not touch it a whole lot.  If its badly chipped or you have any other questions, I would call her Dr or her dentist (if she has one).

AZR
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:06 PM

How old is she?

My son 2 1/2 has 2 chipped teeth....gave him some motrin and took him to the dentist.  all is good....he looks like a hockey player though!

bhwrn1
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:08 PM

If it hurts her, I would give her smoething.

MrsPilat
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:08 PM
If they are in pain...my dd chipped her tooth (twice!) ..thankfully it never turned grey or brown (which I heard happens)...also I would call the dentist, mine said there was nothing they could do, but I still needed that piece of mind LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mymommasgirl
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:09 PM
she has a dentist she is 2 will be 3 in Dec. I called her dentist but I think they closed its a small chip & I found the piece that broke I'm calling her dentist in the morning also
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyeast4
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 7:09 PM

If she is in pain I would give it to her.  If the tylenol doesnt help then I would call a dentist or her doctor.  

Manda1976
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:03 PM

Quoting MrsPilat:

If they are in pain...my dd chipped her tooth (twice!) ..thankfully it never turned grey or brown (which I heard happens)...also I would call the dentist, mine said there was nothing they could do, but I still needed that piece of mind LOL

It turns brown or grey if it kills the tooth and cuts off blood supply.  This isn't  dangerous, just doesn't look real great. 

My daughter has a chipped tooth, we never knew it happened.  But if it's causing her pain I'd give her something.  If it continues to hurt I'd call the doctor.

I'm not society's idea of beautiful......screw society.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)