Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*Update: We're home*MRI tomorrow, nervous :( (piog) *eta*

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:01 AM
  • 16 Replies

So my son is having a MRI tomorrow for his seizures. I am not worried they will find anything. quite the opposite actually. I doubt anything will show in the MRI. But since he is only 2 they have to put him under and that part scares me and makes me anxious. He has only been put under once before (a yr ago actually). It just makes me nervous. :/ *I should add too that when he was put under last yr he took longer than normal  to wake up and had everyone nervous (nurses and doctors). So that worries me too.*

Has your kid been put under (anesthesia)? If so, what for? And how many times? :)

Sorry I didn't update yesterday, but it's all done and we're home. So they take us back and let us stay while Ty is put to sleep. OMG it was horrible. They had him sitting up and were holding him as still as they could trying to get him to breathe it in. Well then all of a sudden he just went limp and they moved him but he was still aware of everything (you could see it in his eyes). Then his eyes started rolling and that is when we both kissed him. I started bawling. UGH! So they took us to the waiting room. An hour later they got us and took us back to see him. He didn't wake up for another hour.

Here is him playing w/ daddy before:

And this is when we got to go back and see him:

We should know by Friday what the results are.

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AllanRaesMomma
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:05 AM

My son is 3 years old and he had to be put under back in July to be tested for Hirchsprung's Disease. I was a nervous wreck but he did really well. He was pretty upset when he came out of anesthesia though. It took him a little while to calm down but as soon as he could drink something they let him get ready to go and he even got to pick out a toy so he thought that was pretty cool. There is no way to not be upset when your child has to go through something like that. The only thing you can do is to pray. Good luck :-) I hope that you get some answers and that your little boy does well.

KorTai02
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:05 AM

My daughter 2dd  has  been  through  MRI/EKG's and many surgeries.... Not fun ..  when she was little  it was all liquid  form  har dot give her.. but   we all pull through besides the bitter  taste and crying ..  she was  out like a light .. hugs and love tomrrow... and smile all will be fine  be strong!

Mipsy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:11 AM

Thank you both so much!

k.stark
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:14 AM

When I was 21 I had my first surgery... I myself was pretty nervous... Even tho I was married and had been out of the house for over 3 years my mom "had" to go... in her words to keep my hubby "company".. I could tell she was nervous and a little scared for me since she was joking around so much lol! It's a girl family trait.. when we're nervous we joke around ALOT and get kinda giggly. But anyhow, back on topic... I don't think the nervousness ever goes away for your kids.... whether it be your 2yr old or my moms 21 yr old... He's your baby as I'm my moms baby... I'll say a short prayer for your little boy tonight before I go to bed.. and I hope they find the cause of his seizures. Best of Luck

hugging

steph_hailee
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:42 AM

omg thats weird.. my daughter just had an mri in july and she was put to sleep. it was the 1st time getting put to sleep for her and i freaked!!! she needed 4 doses to finally be asleep. which that freaked me out too cause thats a lot of drugs :( to be giving to my 3yr old. once she was asleep the wheeled her off and i cried. she was done 35mins later. and we went to the recovery room place.

we had to wait to see how she does after. and they had to make sure she could keep down liquids. so as we were about to get released she threw up. so she had to stay another couple hours... which she fell back to sleep cause all the medicine was still in her system. once we wont her a couple hours later and she drank. she kept it down and she was released.

bunnywzrd
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:45 AM

Miya has been put under twice. Once to get a tooth pulled and once to have her tonsils removed. She did well both times. She did have trouble waking up and cried alot and would panic a little, but that was the worse of it. Took her about 30 min to wake up all the way.

Mipsy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:02 PM

:) Thanks gals. I am even more nervous this morning and had freaking nightmares all night long, ugh! LOL! But I am sure he will get through it just fine. I will update when he is done today.

OhiogirlinCali
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:05 PM

My daughter was put under when she was 7 to have her tonsils and adenoids taken out.  My son was put under at 10 months old when he had heart surgery.  It is always worrisome when anything is being done to your child and it seems time goes by so slowly.  Don't worry, everything will be ok :)

yasbobari
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:11 PM
G luck,im 23 since i was little went through mri's and all that,diagnosed with epilepsy. Mild one though. Still have it,i take meds and have had 2 babies.Hope your son will b just fine,prayers your way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mipsy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 5:37 PM
Well they just took him back and I've been fine all day but then I started crying as he went under. :( Now we have to wait an hour to see him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)