• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Supermoms

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:14 AM
  • 17 Replies
How do you manage your time? I can't seem to Get it right. I don't work. My kids (3 & 5) are in school all day long. Still I never seem to have enough time to fit in a work out, clean house, do laundry, grocery shop, cook dinner etc., and still look
hot. Any time management tips (especially for the work out).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
k.stark
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:18 AM

This is how I'm a supermom!!!

It hurts being a supermom... trust me it hurts alot!! LOL :)

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers
steffielou_who
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:22 AM

I generally work out in the early morning once the kids are both at school.. I go grocery shopping right after.. I clean house at night after we have dinner & I bathe the boys.. Laundry is done when I can.. Normally I do a couple of loads a day!

BabyKsMaMa
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:59 AM

Since I'm not usually sucked into Cafemom, the kids are at school by 8 AM, and my work out, cleaning, and shopping is done by 1 pm, so I get a 2 hour nap, before the craziness begins!!!

NearSeattleMom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:10 AM

Make a list.  Check it twice.  Then work your way through it according to priorities.

angel_bree
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:09 AM
My dd is low maintenance 3yr old & every independent most days & she sleeps a good 10 hours. She likes to help cook & clean with me. I find little things for her to do to help. She responsible for putting her dirty clothes away & picking up her toys in her room & her toys in the bathroom & the living room.

We do art projects & puzzles together, she's addicted to those puzzles, & she does sit at the kitchen table & plays with these puzzles. Since she's occupied & I can see her while I clean the kitchen, dining room & living room. Mind you these aren't toddler puzzles but Scooby Doo 100 piece puzzle, so keeps her busy.

I hope this helps just find something productive to occupy ur kids while u clean or make a fun game or cleaning interesting. Help them learn how to count or identify colors by asking 'how many of books are on the floor? Let's find out by counting while picking them up' or 'how many blue colors can we find? Or let's pick everything red' like a scavenger hunt. Also follow the leader, I pick up a toy u pick up a toy. Or set a timer any count how many toys can they pick up within a min or two. Just some ideas & I hope they help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jerf
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:03 AM
These are great suggestions ladies, thanks. I can really use all of this advise. It just seems like I'm running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. I don't sit around all day and eat bon-bons...honest! I just need to take your advise and figure out how to manage my time better. I know that it can be done. I've seen it. That can be me. And I can be fully present & available to my bunchkins.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angel_bree
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:17 AM
Ur welcome & its good ur asking for help. I do & sometimes I feel like a dork asking but as I tell my dd there's no such thing as a dumb question when asking for help. Kudos!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bhwrn1
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:54 PM

manage...hmmm...what is this manage you speak of? I am very scheduled. I try to do things the same way and that way I get them done. I also make lists.

chcon
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:58 PM

You don't try to clean the entire house all in one day do you?  If so you can split it up across the week... except heavily used areas where you want to clean every day.  Pick a day when the sales are good at the grocery store and stick with that day if you can.  I spread my laundry out over several days because I have four children...

Oh wait... you said 'and still look hot'... forget it... I don't know how to do that.  :)

A-TeamMom
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 9:45 PM

Spend time with the kids, cook good meals, work out when they are in school (or if your younger one is still at home, put her in the day care on sight at the gym if it's available).  Shop and clean when they are in school.  Set a limit on computer time (soooo tough!).  

And IMHO, cleaning the house is totally overrated.  Oh... enlist a spouse or partner to watch the kids in the evening if you simply must wash dishes or clean the floors.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)