• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone go through this?

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:11 AM
  • 5 Replies

My daughter who is 4 soon going to be 5 is going through a tough phase and I need some advice on this, She has started baby talking, chewing on her shirt, strings on her shirt, she also has started to put fingers in her mouth and talking real quietly, she used to not be shy but talks really low even to her Daddy when he comes home from work. Anyone know how to correct this behavior? She has been giving attitude and very disrespectful especially to her dad. At bedtime she doesnt even want him and if I leave she starts crying and screaming for me to put her to bed. Any ideas?  Im at lost on how to help her.

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
angel_bree
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 8:25 AM
Idk but doesn't sound good. It's possible she's going through a mommy phase where all she wants mommy.

My dd is a complete mommys girl but she is decent with her dad. He's been in & out of her life & has a hard time letting him at times but she loves him regardless.

Just a question is guys in general or just her dad?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LancesMom
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:36 PM

It looks like you just had a baby (from your pic). I wonder if she is feeling a little upset that she is not the center of attention right now! =)

trist22
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:38 PM

My son went through this after I had my second son.. He was probably 4 around the time. It's actually quite common! Try to point out how much fun it is to be a big girl instead of a baby.. and set aside some time each day to do an activity ( even if it is just to read a big girl book) just between the two of you. It is an adjustment period for little ones that were the baby.. to not be the baby anymore! :) Hang in there!

sophiesmom07
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 12:59 PM

Quoting LancesMom:

It looks like you just had a baby (from your pic). I wonder if she is feeling a little upset that she is not the center of attention right now! =)

I agreee, I think it has something to do with this.  How does she act toward your newborn?

bheath01
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:29 PM

Her brother is 7 months old now, the pic is an old one-time to update it, She also has a 2 1/2 yr old brother. She has also started kindergarden 2 weeks, we are homeschooling her.

Quoting LancesMom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)