• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UGGG BITING N PUSHING!!!!

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:37 AM
  • 7 Replies

How do u stop kids from biting......and the other from pushing!!!???

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ddhb2007
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:13 AM

Well, my daughter got an immediate timeout for bitting.  She tried twice, and it's never happened again.  Pushing, the same thing.  Immediate timeout. 

BradnBri
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:19 AM

Unfortunately for our family, punishment didn't work for either of these.  We tried everything recommeneded to us by our doctor and friends and family.  It was our, at the time, youngest doing it.  I took her to pre-school one day and she bit a fellow classmate.  That classmate bit her back!!!  It left a decent size mark on her.  She never bit again!!  She learned that hit hurt REALLY bad!!!  She didn't stop pushing/hitting until her sister until her sisters wouldn't play with her anymore because she was "too mean".  It hurt her feelings and we never had that problem again (other than normal sibling fighting)!!!

LancesMom
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 1:58 PM

Consistancy
Time Outs
Taking away toys to earn back with good behavior!

sophiesmom07
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:15 PM

Quoting LancesMom:

Consistancy
Time Outs
Taking away toys to earn back with good behavior!

Exactly.  They have to know you mean business! Stick to whatever method you choose! 

Fuette
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:19 PM

Kids this age don't understand that it hurts when they bite (or push) someone.  They do it 'cause they're frustrated, and don't know how to express that with words.  What we did was time out right away, so they know exactly why they're in trouble.  Then after time out we reenforced that we don't bite (or push), it hurts, it's mean, we don't want to be a mean person we want to be nice, etc...  Then we would tell them that next time they're mad to tell the person "I'm mad" (when they're a little older "I'm mad because...").  My daughter only bit 2x,  My son, once.  I also agree with being consistant, if you let it slide just once they think they can get away with it.

CowgirlMama0508
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:35 PM

oldest DD, it took her cousin biting her back...never did it again...youngest DD it took my friends lil girl biting her back and she never did it again....pushing, HAHA...idk havent found a solution for that, that works quite yet lol...

moto-momma40
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 10:49 AM

Thanks Ladies!!! We are workin on it.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)