Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

been to the doctor, finished the meds, he is no better, but not really worse either.....

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:46 AM
  • 4 Replies

Ds had a horrible cold, the cough was so disgusting, and i did the norm and took him to the doctor, his cough sounded whezzy, they said he sounded clear, and put him on zithromician and a allergie medicine.  He has since finsished the medication he is no better than he was cough wise, and his teacher called me a bit ago to say he had a fever, it wasnt high, and she felt he should stay in class, she said he asked if he could sit down (they were in the gym) she said he said he didnt feel well, the teacher asked him if he wants to come home, and he said no he wants to stay just didnt want to play tag anymore.  she said other than the not wanting to run around because it made him cough more, he seemed ok, just the cough and mentioning he didnt feel good, he said he ate breakfast just fine, So i figured ok, the teacher and nurse say fever isnt high enough that he needs sent home, they gave him tylonal and I will call the ped and get himin for an appontment for when he is home, 

I use to love my kids ped and I still do, he is very very very old though, and apperently he has gotten some more help, because he now has a physcian assitant, and I dont really care for her, something like this happened before with my daughter where she was seen ad said to let it run its course, doing this led to a hospitlization.... well I try to make a appointment, and they said the medicine they gave him stays in the system for 10 days from the last dose(that was almost 5 days ago) and the medicine could still be working... 

So i nicly said I am sorry, but i have gotten calls from his teacher twice, he isnt getting better at all, and she wa slike but he isnt worse so hes fine, so I then demanded he be seen by the peditrician I like, and they cant get him in till tomorrow. 

what could this be? does she have a point? I dont think its phenmonia because he is breathing fine and threw a grand old fit over brushing his teeth this morning, so i know he is getting plenty of air.

He has already missed three days of school last week due to this junk.

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
wiser_then_ever
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 11:00 AM

sounds like it could be bronchitis. my daughter had it a cpl times last yr.. and when i thought it might be getting better it got worse and turned into pneumonia. i say def look for a 2nd opinion ASAP better safe then sorry!! HOPEFULLY its not, but its a possibility.

hope he feels better soon!!

LancesMom
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:02 PM

I'd call and ask. Maybe he needs to be on a second set of the meds.

Ariahsmom
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:26 PM

WOW...what you just wrote sounds EXACTLY like my daughter and what she is going through right now (minus the type of medicine they gave her). I have no idea what it is either and she has been this way for 2 weeks! The fever was there in the beginning and then went away the next day. The cough has stayed though no matter what I have done! And yesterday she got the fever again...still has it today! I am getting so frustrated and I HATE her doctor. Stupid woman doesn't know anything! So please let me know what they tell you!

Good luck!

juansmommy
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:34 PM

I def will and i hope she gets to feeling better! that cough is making  dds tummy and ribs sore

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)