• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Very mad napper PIOG

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:42 PM
  • 4 Replies

My daughter is almost 19 months old. She gets soooo mad when I put her down for naps. I have put her down awake since she was born and she has always been mad going to bed, but she eventually falls asleep. However, recently, she gets so mad when I put her down taht sometimes she never goes to sleep and she ALWAYS throws out all her blankets and doggie. So then, when she does go to sleep, she has not clankets and if I don't get in there very soon after she goes to sleep, she wakes up b/c she has no blankets. LOL Does anyone elses kids do this? I have 3 and she is my middle child and she is a firecracker to say the least. My son never did any of this. He took 3 hour naps up until 3 years old and never threw these fits. He would just lay down and go to sleep. No crying, no throwing out blankets and stuffed animals. Anyway, just wondering if this is a normal thing, or if its just part of "firecracker-ness" (as I like to call it)   :)

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
sophiesmom07
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 2:49 PM

It's normal. My dd would sometimes give me a hard time going down for naps, even though I knew she was tired.  Can you just put something a little warmer on her so that if she throws out her blanket, she will still be warm enough to sleep? 

crimsonangel180
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:40 PM
My daughter has a hard time sleeping (I'm seeing a girl trend) I have to put her to sleep on the couch then move her to her crib. I hope its a crib thing and will go away when she gets her big girl bed her brother is a super sleeper. They are both 21 mos.
Fuette
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 3:55 PM

We're going through this with our almost 1 year old.  He normally will not sleep in his crib unless he is rocked to sleep.  So we hooked one of these up to his crib, have it on music, white noise, light and movement, and it calms him down (ours is 4 years old so its not this exact one, you could prob. find one cheaper on ebay or somewhere like that).  I have to stay in his room til he falls asleep, but we're only on the first week of trying this.  Our daughter went through this stage too, but we co-slept with her (I would not recommend doing this though, because it causes other sleep issues that are not fun to resolve).

Leosmama2006
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:11 PM

I have a sound machine and a mobile that projects images on the wall and plays sof music. She still gets mad. She did just take a 2 horu nap, so I'm happy twith that. Maybe its a phase thats coming to an end.....sure hope so! Thanks for the advice/ideas everyone!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)