Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ok just got back from the doc 2x in 1 month i need advice!!!

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:36 PM
  • 8 Replies

ok my 4 yr old has a fever for the 2nd time in a month over 102 i just got back from her doc and they said it might be viral but they are suscpting a UTI couldnt get a urine sample so i have to try at home and bring it in has soon has i can. My question is what can i give her that will keep her well when she is in school besides vitamen C??? any suggestions i am so worried she will keep getting sick

by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Fuette
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 4:44 PM

For the UTI - cranberry juice, for a cold (and flu) vitamin d.

NearSeattleMom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2010 at 7:59 PM

hand-washing is the best way to prevent illness . . . teach her to wash her hands thoroughly . . . wash well when she gets home from school. 

Good luck!

ajh629
by on Sep. 28, 2010 at 10:45 PM

having a kiddo in school this is sort of par for the course...all you can really do is practice good handwashing and eat well and lots of rest...but a uti isn't really something that she can catch at school i don't believe...the first year in school is the hardest...after that it will get better!

MiracleBaby925
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:56 PM

I try to get her to keep from rubbing her eyes or nose as that is the quickest way for bacteria to enter the body.  Wash her hands several times a day and wipe them with antibacterial wipes when hand washing is not available.  Since my DD has always been in daycare, we do bath time almost immediately after walking into the house.  Our thought is, it helps with removing germs and transferring them around the house to other objects and family members. 

littlefiregirl
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 12:59 PM

If it is a UTI avoid giving her baths, especially bubble baths.

sophiesmom07
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 1:26 PM

For the UTI cranberry juice and a TON of water.  My dd used to get sick very frequently and I started giving her OJ and a multivitamin, I was giving her a gummy vitamin with extra vitamin c and I think echinacea. I can't remember the name, but they sell it at Target. 

mommything03
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 2:31 PM
If it is a uti and they have her on antibiotics don't give her lots of fluids. It cuts the med in her body too much. Give her the normal amount. But to help prevent them limit bubble baths. Take cranberry. And a gummy-vite. And after the meds are gone then push fluids. And good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
karengc
by on Sep. 29, 2010 at 2:34 PM

also teaching little girls about the proper way to wipe them selves is important. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)