Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddlers & Preschoolers Toddlers & Preschoolers

daily routine images..

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2010 at 12:15 PM
  • 8 Replies

I have to make a photo daily routine chart for my kiddos.  We've been having a ton of meltdowns lately and had a meeting with my sons teacher today.  does any one know where to find decent black and white clip art type images?  Ive been searching and cant seem to find much in the family of daily routine images that are featuring kids.

by on Nov. 11, 2010 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Erica09M
by on Nov. 11, 2010 at 1:32 PM

It might be even more fun to take your own pictures! Just a suggestion.

I have a friend who did this. She took her own pictures, printed them and laminated them. She then put a small piece of velcro on the back. At the top she could put the day of the week (printed and laminated w/ velcro on the back) and then multiple velcro pieces down the column so she could put the appropriate pictures on then. She took tons of pictures and kept them in a tub so she could change them out when she wanted. She had the typical things like wake up, brush teeth, make bed, pick up toys, get dressed, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, bath, etc. but she also had fun things like park, zoo, museum, grandmas, bike ride, story time, birthday party, skating, library, etc. that they'd do for fun, so she could add them to the chart. Her son is autistic (high functioning) and would have major meltdowns. He needed the structure and to be aware of what was going on, things couldn't just be sprun upon him. It is working really well for them. He helps her with the chart the night before.

RobynS
by Robyn on Nov. 11, 2010 at 1:38 PM

That's what I was thinking, too!

I made a chart for DS a few years ago. I just googled different things. There were some pretty basic things that were hard to find good images for, though. So taking your own pics would be awesome (and so much more personal!) =)

Good luck!

Quoting Erica09M:

It might be even more fun to take your own pictures! Just a suggestion.

fairymom2316
by on Nov. 11, 2010 at 1:44 PM

I was thinking that too, take your own pics and print them out =)

sophiesmom07
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2010 at 1:48 PM

I agree, make your own pics! He'll probably enjoy the project!

lolozig
by on Nov. 11, 2010 at 1:50 PM
that's a good idea. I should try that as well... i also think you should take your own pictures
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mnmomaof4
by on Nov. 11, 2010 at 1:51 PM

I have thought about that.  But the kids love coloring/art projects so I thought that this could be something we could work on together.  We need to have the same basic routine for everyday, especially during the school week.

bhwrn1
by on Nov. 11, 2010 at 3:48 PM

Like what kind of pictures?

LostInOz79
by New Member on Nov. 11, 2010 at 3:53 PM

Quoting mnmomaof4:

I have thought about that.  But the kids love coloring/art projects so I thought that this could be something we could work on together.  We need to have the same basic routine for everyday, especially during the school week.

I have a photo editing program that will turn your pics into coloring pages...i don't know if there are any free programs like that online....or you can pm me pics and I can do it for you if that's the way you decide to go

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)