Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need ideas for 2 and 3 year olds! *UPDATE*

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:52 PM
  • 5 Replies

Next week I am going to my sons class to do a holiday project with the kids.  My son and I are always baking cookies and cakes and such so I thought about doing some cookies.  There are 18 children so I thought I would make the dough and let them just decorate the cookies.  Do you ladies think letting the kids pipe icing on the cookies using plastic baggies would be good?  I thought we could let them choose the toppings, icing, sprinkles, m&m's....

I need ideas!  HELP! TIA

UPDATE
So we decided to do cookies (I checked and none of the kids in his class have a special diet).  I am making sugar cookie dough Thursday night and giving each child a square of parchment and a roll of dough.  We are taking sprinkles, mini m&ms and cookie cutters and we are going to let the kids create whatever cookies they want to create!  I'll update again Friday evening.  I'm planning to take pictures so I'll show you ladies what the cookies turned out like!  Thanks for the input ladies!

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lwendl
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:59 PM

my sons pre-k class used popcicle sticks to frost cookies instead of knives . the baggies might be fun, but they would need lots of help. you could also put white frosting in bowls for them and help them add food coloring and mix the color they want to use.if you want to do another activitiy, you could get some old xmas cookie cutters , dip them in paint, and stamp them on paper to make pictures . good luck!!

marshsmom
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:08 PM

I like the stamp idea!  My son and I are making our own wrapping paper this year, maybe instead of baking we'll do something like that?  I just don't want to do something too complicated, or time consuming.

Quoting lwendl:

my sons pre-k class used popcicle sticks to frost cookies instead of knives . the baggies might be fun, but they would need lots of help. you could also put white frosting in bowls for them and help them add food coloring and mix the color they want to use.if you want to do another activitiy, you could get some old xmas cookie cutters , dip them in paint, and stamp them on paper to make pictures . good luck!!

SavannasMommy09
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:21 PM

Also to expand on the cookie idea, maybe make little precut gingerbread man shaped cookies and let them decorate their own gingerbread man...or woman =)

NearSeattleMom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:49 PM

They will have trouble with icing in baggies . . . if you have enough help, go for it!  Otherwise, maybe you can do the frosting and the kids can do the decorating?  Although the whole project won't take very long . . .

zolanmel
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:59 PM

i wouldnt do cookies do to allergy reasons..  but maybe   hand made christmas tree orniments?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)