Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyones kids have gi issues like this?*updated*

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:33 PM
  • 33 Replies

This is the third time in about 3 months my DD (2 years special needs) has had blood and mucus in her poop(bright red blood).

the first time they said it was salmonella.. the second time they couldnt find a cause put her on antibiotics that she is now allergic to. and this time. nothing yet im gonna call her GI in the morning.  and  seeing what they want to do. i know stool studies are  comming up. but this is getting fustrating someone else has tobe going on in her  poor body! Any ideas?

she doesn't seem to be in any pain she is eating fine. drinking fine. acting normal.

( we do stool studies  every time)

GI said to stop milk from this point on. Just incase there is a allergy that the test didnt show. she is stumped right now. She doesnt know whats going on. I have never seen her GI  with this blank Look on her face.  She said she will go over the results the hospital got and her pedi got. and if they ran all the test she would have then we are aiming for a colonoscope . She doesnt want to do it but were at the point.  she says she hopes its not IBD but. its looking like it..

for some strange reason she kept looking and like measuring mels hands and fingers..

but good news.. No boost and mel has gained weight!!:) hasnt grew any taller but gained!! this is great for her! mels a failure to thrive and only gained weight because of Elecare,or boost ! SO this is AWESOME!!!:) 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommam58122
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:36 PM

idk but heres a bump i hope you get an answer my dd's have constipation problems and im waiting for them to see a  gi dr and bc of it dd who is 4 and deolpementally delayed refuses to potty train

Velvet07
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:37 PM

have they looked in to colitis ...sorry if the spelling is wrong

alyssasmom11007
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:37 PM

Have they checked her for hemorroids?  If the blood is streaked on the outside, that is what it sounds like.  There are so many things it could be..bacterial, pesticides, ulcers, diverticulia, GI bleed starting...good luck and I hope they find some answers for you.

zolanmel
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:39 PM

we have looked into colitis but  colitis you have alot of pain. they have looked into her intestines going into each other and it was fine. 

zolanmel
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:40 PM

the blood isnt streaked its mixed in with the mucus thats mixed in with her poop kinda hard to spot.. 

Quoting alyssasmom11007:

Have they checked her for hemorroids?  If the blood is streaked on the outside, that is what it sounds like.  There are so many things it could be..bacterial, pesticides, ulcers, diverticulia, GI bleed starting...good luck and I hope they find some answers for you.

alyssasmom11007
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:40 PM

Have they ever done a colonoscopy or endoscopy?

Quoting zolanmel:

we have looked into colitis but  colitis you have alot of pain. they have looked into her intestines going into each other and it was fine. 

erinsmom1964
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:44 PM

When I think of mucus and even blood mixed in I think allergy.

zolanmel
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:45 PM

we have done 3 endoscopes. the last 2 showed reflux but they treated her with prevacid and stopped it.. she doesnt seem to be having anymore attacks. 

we have discussed the colonscopes but they freak me out.  and we havent done it yet but i know its comming.  the last time she had blood was 3 weeks ago!    

Quoting alyssasmom11007:

Quoting zolanmel:

zolanmel
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:47 PM

thats what im wondering to..  she has had alot of diary..

Quoting erinsmom1964:

When I think of mucus and even blood mixed in I think allergy.

erinsmom1964
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:47 PM

Also my middle son had the same symptoms when he was about 7( he is 21 now ) at it was polyps.  Only way to find is colonoscopy.  Good news is though they are usually cancerous in adults in children they rarely are.

Quoting zolanmel:

we have done 3 endoscopes. the last 2 showed reflux but they treated her with prevacid and stopped it.. she doesnt seem to be having anymore attacks. 

we have discussed the colonscopes but they freak me out.  and we havent done it yet but i know its comming.  the last time she had blood was 3 weeks ago!    

Quoting alyssasmom11007:

Quoting zolanmel:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)